NTI CD-DVD maker writes files backwards

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by mdaniel, Jul 19, 2005.

1. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

Or at least the table of contents is.

My girlfriend got a new headunit in her car that plays MP3s. If I use NTI to build a CD with MP3s, they wind up on the CD in reverse order. The file names start with the track number (01 title.mp3, 02 title.mp3, etc) but are listed in exactly reverse order if I look at it from the command prompt. The head unit also plays them in reverse order. The CD burning built into explorer burns them in the right order as does Nero 5.5. In NTI, I tried adding the files one at a time instead of as a group and it didn't make any difference. Any ideas?

2. XR250rdr

XR250rdr OT Supporter

Dont use NTI?

3. Frequency

Frequency New Member

i don;t have this problem

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

it doesn't matter what order the files are burned in... explorer lists alphabetically... so if explorer has it Z-A instead of A-Z, then the problem is your view setting.

5. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

I'm not talking about explorer's sorting options. I know explorer will display files in an order that has nothing to do with how they're actually written. If I go to a command prompt and type "dir g:", they're listed in reverse order on the CD. And the car plays them in that reverse order. When I burned them with Nero or Windows Explorer's CD burning, "dir g:" lists them in the correct 01 -> 30 order and the car plays them in that order. It only seems to be NTI that reverses them. I know I can just use Nero or Explorer. I was just wondering if anyone had an idea why NTI was reversing everything.