nsx and gs430? anyone have one, any opinions on them that have rode in them?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by thomor25, Mar 25, 2005.

1. thomor25

thomor25 I make money online....

I'm possibly exploring the option of getting an nsx(not a new one) or a gs430(not the new one).

2. Toodles

Toodles You are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the w OT Supporter

:ugh:

You're comparing two totally different cars.

3. Brigante

Brigante i'm a lurker without an avatar, deal with it

i think i read somewhere that the NSX is faster than the GS430 :eek:

:rolleyes: try comparing similar cars, these are like the complete opposite ends of the spectrum. "exotic" sports car and luxury family sedan. :dunno:

4. thomor25

thomor25 I make money online....

I'm not really comparing them I'm weighing the options. Currently I have a 4 door car but its old and doesn't have that class factor that I would like and can afford now. I can use the current car I have as a veater when winter comes and stuff and wanted to know the opinions of people who have rode in an nsx or own one. As far as the gs430 is concerned its class and I think its a little sporty, it isn't as exotic as the nsx but it can look really nice and give the push to the class factor i'm looking for. I know its got getup and got with 300 ponies but its a trade off for an nsx as far as comfort with being able to go some place and have room in the back and the ability to say"yeah you can ride in my car" and have 4 people pile in vs the nsx with 2 and a midget in the trunk. I think they both look good stock but I would add a body kit and rims to set it off and set it apart and make it look nicer.

This looks hot
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

But then again I'd be getting a body kit for the nsx for science of speed and it would look like this.
    [​IMG]

Again to me its a trade off for each thing but both are pratical for me so.... I'm looking on opinions on drivability and performance.

5. Axespeed

Axespeed It's only after we've lost everything, that we're OT Supporter

Depends what you want

If you're looking for speed, i would buy a Z06 and maybe build on that
    Beats having a $80K car

My neighbor has a red NSX...loud as hell, but he also have a black Z06 and that thing is so powerful he can hardly drive it

If you want to combine luxury with speed at a "cheap" price..I would say get the G35

6. Brigante

Brigante i'm a lurker without an avatar, deal with it

the GS is a pig compared to the nimble and agile nsx. performance-wise, it'd take a lot of money to make a GS match the performance on an nsx. probably not too hard to make it close to as fast in straightline speed but handling-wise, the nsx gives even top dollar ferraris and porches a run for their money. people say the nsx drives like an accord, meaning in terms of everyday driving and ease. a car that you can take to the grocery store everyday and use as a commuter. not something you'd expect from any other "exotic". if you can handle the 2 seats and limited cargo space, i'd say nsx easy.

7. That looks like an NSX-R