MMA NSAC Suspends Guillard for Cocaine Use

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by >DRIVEN<, May 10, 2007.

1. >DRIVEN<

>DRIVEN< Hi

Lightweight Melvin Guillard (Pictures) was suspended for eight months and fined $2,100 on Wednesday by the Nevada State Athletic Commission after the New Orleans native tested positive for a metabolite of cocaine following his loss to Joe Stevenson (Pictures) on April 5.

This marks the first time a mixed martial artist was suspended for cocaine by the NSAC. According to a report on MMAweekly.com, Guillard told the commission he used cocaine on March 30 and expected it to be out of his system by the time he stepped into the Octagon for his UFC Fight Night main event bout against Stevenson.

"I've only been introduced to drugs in the past year or so," Guillard (20-6-1, 1 NC) was reported to have said in front of the NSAC.

"I made an honest mistake," continued the 24-year-old, who is eligible to return to the cage in December. "I embarrassed myself, and I embarrassed my family."

What an idiot. :rofl:

2. thatguy

thatguy New Member

Insert the picard pic here.

3. Optamix

Optamix New Member

I feel for him. Who here hasn't tried drugs? And /most/ of the time coke is out of your system in 3 or 4 days. He seems really remorseful and has learned his leason. Everyone screws up sometimes, most of us just don't get caught.

I'm still a fan.

4. friedrice

friedrice New Member

Ya what he said ^

5. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

Honestly I haven't ever tried drugs, much less coke, and don't feel the littlest bit sorry for him. You fucked up and made an idiot of yourself. I wasn't a fan before and this doesn't help.

6. Sylva

Sylva New Member

Same here, not one time in my life have I EVER tried drugs, never. I tend to think people are weak that cave to the pressure and do them. I mean, I've never smoked pot, not anything. And I'm damn proud of that fact and feel NOTHING for Melvin except that he reped the consiquences of this actions.

7. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Hah, moron.

8. OnionPeel

OnionPeel New Member

isn't this pretty old news, or did someone else just get busted for coke :dunno:

9. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

While I may not agree the athletic commission's rules regarding recreational drug use the bottom line is that they are still the rules. Its ok to disagree, but if you are a pro athlete this is your job. You dont break the rules at your work if you expect to get paid.

If you want to go through life never trying any drugs, never having a sip of beer, not eating red meat, never having a 3am drive through taco, never having sex without a condom, never smoking a cigarette, never doing something stupid because you were caught up in the moment, thats your choice to not experience life to the fullest. Just dont judge others who want to get the most out of this life. I think thats partially why some people here fight.

As for melvin, he broke the rules and there are consequences. Bad rules, sure, but rules never the less.

Last edited: May 10, 2007
  10. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I never understood why people used drugs until I got a stressful ass job. However, Melvin's got my dream job so he has no excuse. Even using a few days out is just plain stupid

11. DKKD

DKKD New Member

i was just going to say.

k there mr. clean :mamoru:

12. Optamix

Optamix New Member

He wasn't doing it to relieve stress, he just wanted to try it.

First time I tried X I was at the fair and just wanted to see what it was like.

It was great, I've never done it since then and I doubt I will do it ever again, but I'm glad I tried it once.

He messed up, he admits he messed up, and he is taking the consiquences. I respect that.

13. TQ

TQ OT Supporter

Of course hes gonna say that :ugh:

Fuck, I didn't try pot until I was 23, and I only did it once :rolleyes:

Now alcohol on the other hand....

14. xinster

xinster New Member

comon, he's a young kid who just got introduced to fame, bitches, and cash. I feel bad for him.

15. Sylva

Sylva New Member

You're right, I don't live life to the fullest b/c I don't do recreational drugs...:rolleyes:

But way to exagerate with the rest of your post.

16. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

imo he got off light.

17. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

you do something stupid that you know is against the rules, especially when you KNOW there is going to be a drug test, and i dont feel sorry for you :dunno:

18. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

It shows his lack of dedication. I don't think he'll be back in the UFC.

19. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

i don't care if he uses drugs or not, but he knew it was a banned substance, he knew he could be tested, he chose to use it anyway, now he will pay for his poor judgement, that's how it goes, time for young mr guilard to grow up and learn to be a man

20. RobsMob

RobsMob Guest

THey ought to just let Joe Stevens embarrass him in front of Mamma Guillard again as punishment. :bowrofl: