MIL NROTC Questions

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Fighter_Pilot, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Fighter_Pilot

Fighter_Pilot New Member

I'm a senior in high school and I am very slow with my applications for college and possible NROTC scholarships. I hope to join the Navy and want to become a pilot. I feel as if i can get into school like Colorado at Boulder and Purdue, but I am taking the SAT again on Jan 26 to get better scores to qualify for the minimum requirements for the NROTC scholarship. I have unfortunately been arrested for possession(misdemeanor), and the charges for that will be dismissed on Feb 29. So thats my background and here are my questions.

Does the drug charge effect me in getting a NROTC scholarship or being in the Navy in general?

Am I too late in sending in the NROTC scholarship application?

My SAT Scores are not a par with the minimum for the scholarship, but they will be when I get my Jan SAT scores back. Jan 15 is the deadline for Colorado, do you know if I can send in my scholarship application as is, and then they can see my updated scores?

Thank You.

2. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

apply for finacial aid
    do 2 years
    then apply for ROTC.

3. Fighter_Pilot

Fighter_Pilot New Member

werd, thats what i might do, but my rents are not into paying a lot, even with financial aid. but yea thats a good idea. thanks