GUN NRA "Easy Pay" Life Membership

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Accord, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Accord

Accord New Member

I want to be a life member, but after spending close to $2,000 on my AR-15 and accessories, etc. I just can't afford to make another big payment of $750 to become a life member, so the "Easy Pay" life membership plan sounds pretty attractive.

I called to get more information on the easy pay plan and you're NOT considered a life member, you don't get the same benefits as a life membership, and you don't get the life member certificate, pin, patch, hat, etc. until your membership is paid in full (which takes approximately 7 1/2 years) so wtf is the point of the EPL membership if you're not a life member when you actually sign up :wtf:. You should be considered a life member when you sign up and if you ever stop making your quarterly payments, then they should revoke your status or something, but waiting 7 1/2 years sucks.

Mabye i'll just do the Easy Pay life membership and buy my own damn LIFE MEMBER hat, patch, and pin :bigthumb:.

2. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

7 years?! What kind of payments are they?

3. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

who cares about a stupid hat and pin, that isn't the point of the membership

4. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:werd: i got a bunch of various hats, stickers and pins i never wearem.. my current nra membership has lapsed though :o upto date with GOA though.

5. Accord

Accord New Member

Quarterly payments of $25 which comes to $100 a year, and a life membership is $750 so it'll take 7 1/2 years.

6. Accord

Accord New Member

That's not the point, the point is if I sign up for the easy pay life member plan I want to be considered a life member without having to pay 7.5 years... they shouldn't call it a life member plan if you're not considered a life member :o.

7. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

It's like financing a car you dont get the title in your name till its paid off :o

8. Accord

Accord New Member

good point.

I called again and they said at anytime during my EPL membership if I want to I can just pay it all off at once, so that's good. I'm going to just go ahead and do it.

9. Accord

Accord New Member

FTW

I had an old expired junior membership from 2001 and I had to call and get my old account number and was able to renew with the EPL life member plan :bigthumb:

10. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

That's not to bad. I can even cancel my WOW account that I never play, then I'm still spending less. :o

11. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

just do the easy pay, the longer it takes for you to get your goodies, the more money they have to fight the Brady Bunch :o