GUN now that the democrats control the house and senate

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TwistedMind, Nov 22, 2006.

1. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

I had planned on buy an AR-15 sometime next year now with the balance of power shifted should I go ahead and make the purchase sooner or do you think they learned something from the AWB last time?

Or will they try to push another one through this time with no sunset clause?

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I wouldn't doubt they'll try to push another through but probably won't happen this year.

3. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

I don't know what to do. So many things I had planned on purchasing next year now I don't know if I will get the chance.

4. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:dunno: buy any of the evil rifles you were planning on first.

5. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

do you think a .50bmg would be a good investment for the future? or are they planning on banning transfers/possession?

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I think outright banning with no grandfather clause would be hard to sell, but banning transfers could be a possibility :dunno:

7. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

should i look into getting one or no?

8. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:dunno: If you want one sure, I wouldn't mind one but at the moment it would be pointless for me nowhere to use it anywhere near its potential.

9. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

i want one, i just dont want to be stuck with it down the road...

10. striker754

striker754 Chillin

it probably not going to be a straight out AWB. Its going to be an amendment to a bill.

11. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

They wouldnt try to pass another AWB this soon, not after the last one JUST dropped. But I wouldn't doubt it if they wait until a democratic president is in power first in a few years and then try to pass another one. I'm sure it would have different provisions next time around though.
    We didn't have the threat of terrorism on our soil quite as seriously then as we do now. I'm sure they would atleast take that into consideration. Well, atleast I hope they would.

12. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

i think the "anti-gun" agenda has died down a bit since it is such a non-starter for so many americans

13. striker754

striker754 Chillin

:ugh: THey have continually been trying to ban AW and .50s.

14. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

The optimism you guys have :ugh:

I don't trust a goddamn one of them, especially with the Frisco Cunt in charge. I'm going broke between now and January-Feb.

15. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

I plan on buying (2) AR pistols for Christmas.

I am not to worried about the National politicians. Senate leader Harry Reid is a gun guy.

But my state is totally controlled by the Dems so I forsee a new statewide AWB.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2006
  16. JRMS

JRMS Failing at life

There will definately be more anti-gun proposals. They never stopped. They just have a better chance of pushing them through now. Especially if the dems take the Presidency in '08.

I'd buy that .50BMG if you can afford it. Get it off paper if possible, in case they try to round them up one day.

17. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

You have time to spare I think. They don't even take office for a couple months.

18. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

I ordered a Yugo M70 underfolder today. I was planning to wait for awhile, but decide to go ahead. The odds of them passing a new AWB before the 08' election is probably pretty low, but I'm not taking any chances this time.

19. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

i dont like yours, no offense. i want one with magazine capabilities. yours is a helluva good deal though... ive looked at it.

20. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

:werd: That's what I'm doing. Damn them for screwing up my budget! I just got the upper to complete my RRA AR. AK, Mini-14, and Saiga 12 (or 2, I love those things) in December, HK91 clone in Jan. Probably a pile of SKS' when my C&R comes in too. I've also started looking for deals on hi-cap mags for pistols I plan to buy down the road.

21. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

How long have you been waiting on your C&R? I sent mine in at the start of this month. Seems like a lot of people get them in 3 weeks or so, but I haven't heard anything yet, :x: for next week.

22. JohnBuuu

JohnBuuu New Member

While I certainly would worry about it, I doubt that the clintons (the ones who really pull the strings behind the scenes for the libtards) are going to let the looney left expend all their political capital trying to push through moonbat causes like AWBs before the 2008 pres. election.
    Those of us in states like MD do not have such a shiny outlook however, but there is still hope. I would be more worried about state level actions at this point.
    All of that said, I am buying mags and ammo much faster than I am using them up, but I am decently stocked arms wise.
    For those not in the same position....buy an AR, buy an AK, buy a reliable .308 MBR (FAL/hk91/AR10/m14), a 12gauge shotgun of reputable manufacture, and maybe two pistols in common calibers (9mm,.45acp). Mags and ammo for all. Expensive? yes, worth it? without a doubt.

23. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

just sent it in this week.

24. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Excellent point. Democrats gained a number of governorships this cycle, state bans could be coming soon.

25. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I still want a VEPR. I don't think I can swing any more money for weapons though :wtc: