Now I really like S100 but is it good enough for my Porsche?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Pussysmith, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Pussysmith

Pussysmith Banned

I think the S100 cleaner followed by the wax makes a pretty nice finish on my Jeeps. But now i have a 2006 Carrera and I am not about to put just anything on the paint. Will S100 but good enough? I like how it doesn't leave residue on things. What would you guys recommend for this black vehicle. I hate swirlys and S100 you can put on back and forth so thats why I am considering it.

2. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

S100 is fine. Nice looking wax, but the longevity isn't so great.

If you have residue you are probably doing two things 1) putting too much on... use a very thin layer 2) maybe you're not removing the wax completely, which could also be exacerbated by #1. S100 is really a pretty easy wax to use.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

S100 is a great product. In the end, it is just paint and good products and proper technique can make any car look good.

If you can afford a new Porsche, you can afford to buy a PC and the proper pads too. ;)

4. NEGROTIATOR

NEGROTIATOR New Member

not if you're that guy that bought an older porsche with your life savings just to say, "I drive a porsche" (I'm not saying that's you smith)

5. Pussysmith

Pussysmith Banned

Haha no mines an 06 Carrera, no Boxters or Cayannes for me thank you. Well, I don't think I will need the Porter Cable as that is a little aggressive for new paint I would say. I also don't want to go in spirals rather in back and forth lengthwise so as to not swirl mark it up.

6. Pussysmith

Pussysmith Banned

Oh and also, I just bought a brand new tub of it and their cleaner. So what should I apply it with. I usually apply the cleaner with a wet sponge and the wax with the little foam applicator. What should I use to remove it? Microfiber towels? Oh and is it ok to go back and forth on the panels just so that I don't get swirls? Can I remove in a back and forth fashion as well?

7. Parabellum

Parabellum Molon Labe!

No. A porter cable is not too agressive for "new"paint. Unless you mean it's just out of the body shop. It can make applying light cleaners like the s100 paint cleaner work a lot better. Also a lot of people use it to apply paste/liquid wax with a soft finishing pad. It can dramatically reduce your detailing time and give you a much more even coat then doing it by hand.
    That's an excellent idea. Proper washing technique and top quality products are a good way to keep swirls off a car. Unfortunately the car may already have some swirls from the dealer washing it and "detailing" it.

Also it was probably a long boat ride over from germany so I would say that the car is in need of a good claying to remove any contaminants from the paint. This is some thing that the s100 paint cleaner is probably too mild to touch. After you wash/dry the car put your had in a plastic baggie and glide your hand over the paint. You shouldn't be able to feel any thing but smooth paint.

As was said earlier, paint is paint. But I think it would be stupid to use inferior quality products on any car let alone an expensive one.

Invest a couple hundered dollars on some high quality micro-fibers and use a high quality car wash soap. Buy some mf applicators.

S100 is a fine product

Last edited: Oct 11, 2005
  8. Parabellum

Parabellum Molon Labe!

If applying by hand I apply the cleaner with a microfiber applicator but if you want to get more "bite" out it you could use a 100% cotton terry applicator. Since I started using a PC though I've found that applying with polishing pad gives me better results in much less time.

To remove either the cleaner or wax you should use a hight quality microfiber towel and use back and fort motions to remove.

I buy my microfiber online but I've heard some of meguiars new towels are decent and they should be found locally. I think Scotwax may have tried them so ask him.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2005
  9. Parabellum

Parabellum Molon Labe!

IMHO nothing looks as deep and warm on black as Pinacle Souvern. I use Klasse AIO as a base and then add one coat of Souvern to top and the resluts are awesome.

The down side is that it's more expensive than most waxes and it doesn't last very long on a daily driver. I get about 1 month out of it during the so cal summer on my daily driver.

I've heard good things about Poorboys Nattys Blue paste wax and it is a fraction of the price compared to Souvern.

10. Pussysmith

Pussysmith Banned

Hey thanks for the detailed responces. This car sits in the garage and is driven like two days a week for a couple hours and never parked anywhere. I have had good lasting results with S100 before and an incredibly deep shine so I think that it should last really well on this car that doesn't see the elements.

11. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn Active Member

How about some pics of that Carrera! :p