now I can buy a magic mouse

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Pitt, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Pitt

Pitt 1-1-11 — Never Forget OT Supporter

[​IMG]

:bowdown:

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/12/22/magicprefs-adds-functionality-to-magic-mouse/

The free MagicPrefs application offers the ability to customize various types of clicks, taps, swipes, and pinches and assign them to a wide variety of system functions. The application also permits tracking speed to be increased beyond the default maximum, addressing another common complaint about the Magic Mouse. Finally, MagicPrefs offers real-time visual feedback of touch patterns to allow users to experiment with and test various gestures.​

2. Figori

Figori Taking BRC to the EXTREME. OT Supporter

Looks neat. I'm still not a fan of the size of the magic mouse, but it's nice to see they are finally adding the functionality that should have been there all along.

3. That-Is-Bull

That-Is-Bull New Member

You can't set gestures to keystrokes, and you can't customize gestures for different applications, so it's pretty much useless for me. If you could do those two things MagicPrefs would be perfect, but right now, BetterTouchTool is much better.

4. Jacen2141

Jacen2141 New Member

I still find MagicPrefs hard to use. honestly the only gesture I care about is expose and that is erratic at best when used with two-finger click or swipe.

The faster tracking speed is nice, however.

5. Pitt

didn't know about this, I was just waiting for something to add more functionality to the MM

:coold:

6. tomohr

tomohr look again! OT Supporter

interesting... I have really liked my MM just doing what it does... but seeing these things might make it even better... will research.

It took me some time to get used to the form factor of the MM but now I'm really enjoying it as a mouse... it's almost uncomfortable for me to go back to a normal mouse...

7. That-Is-Bull

That-Is-Bull New Member

Do eet. This mouse is badass, and I'm coming from a Performance MX, and an MX Revolution before that. The only thing that sucks about it is the glass top. It would be 100x better if the top was matte instead. I had to put matte Scotch tape on it to make it usable, the glossiness is too sticky or something, it just sucks ass. And the part of the mouse with the tape actually looks better IMO than the part without: i48.tinypic.com/b7i00l.jpg

It took awhile to get used to the gestures and shit but it's just awesome now. How I have it:

- One-finger left-click is set middle click. I always do a normal click with two fingers anyway because it's much more comfortable, so for middle-clicking I just lift up my right finger and click.

- Three-finger tap is set to Exposé (All Windows).

- Three-finger swipe down and up are set to Dashboard and Show Desktop.

- Two-finger swipe left and right are set to Close Tab and New Tab.

- One-finger tap left and right are set to Previous Tab and Next Tab. Seriously, who the fuck uses the back and forward buttons more than once a week when you can just use tabs?

- One-finger tap left, middle, and right in Propellerhead Record are set to Show Rack, Show Mixer, and Show Sequencer.

- Middle-click in Record is set to Show Tool Window.

With matte Scotch tape and BetterTouchTool, this mouse is fucking perfect. It's also comfortable as shit to me, even compared to the fancy ergonomic Performance MX. Might be because I don't have to move my hand to move the mouse, I can just use my index/middle finger when I'm feeling especially lazy. :bowdown:

Without matte Scotch tape and BetterTouchTool it's pretty much worthless though.

8. hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386 Someone has sand in their vagina

Niiice. Looks like fun!

9. Pitt

does the tape come off clean? I don't know if I could do that :o

10. That-Is-Bull

That-Is-Bull New Member

Comes off clean for me, though I haven't left it on for a long time.

11. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Word is that the Magic Mouse is killing the batteries in Bluetooth keyboards. Some claim that Apple tech support have acknowledged that they are aware of an issue. The mouse may be keeping the keyboard from going to sleep.

12. hoppy1028

hoppy1028 New Member

i can see that as i bought brand new batteries for both on xmas eve and they are both like this now [​IMG]

13. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest