Novell Netware install questions

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by mrburner, Jan 31, 2003.

1. mrburner

mrburner Ron Paul 2008

well...its a self-bootable disc so when i change my bios setttings to have my cdrom boot up, it starts to boot up with the novell program

first it asks "what type of cd devices are used...ide/scsi/both" so i hit I for ide

then it says something to the likes of "error...not enough drive letters, refer to readme.txt"

i just want to be able to access my schools novell acct and use it

i can't install netware from inside windows so any other ideas?

2. Astro

Astro Code Monkey

You working with the Novell server install CD? Yet you wish to connect to the school's network. Something is slightly wrong with this picture.

It sounds like you need to install the Novell client, which you will need to do from Windows (why can't you do it from Windows?). If you can't do it from Windows, then you may need to kick it old school and try to get Novell's DOS client to work. The problem you may have here is loading the network card's DOS drivers.

Or do you really wish to install a Novell server?

3. mrburner

mrburner Ron Paul 2008

i just want to be able to connect to my homespace here at school...they give us space on their network server that we can get to from any computer on campus...all of the school owned computers are mac's and have the little novell tree connect icon in the top right corner...even my friends macs who i'm sure know nothing about novell have that on there

it is novell netware v6

do i actually need this or is there another piece of software i can use to connect to the schools novell network? sometimes i'll like to get stuff done before class and then just open it up during class to turn it in or something...it would just be much more convenient if i had novell on this computer