Nova SS

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by wrmg3, Feb 10, 2005.

1. wrmg3

wrmg3 New Member

hey guys. i was wondering how much you think this nova is worth. i'll post some pics and a description.

Engine Modifications:

Brand New Engine - 350 5.7L V8 Crate Motor
    3 1/4 Comp 242H High Energy™ Camshaft Installed by Hawaii Racing
    Holly 650CFM Dual Feed Carbeurator
    Super Comp Holly Strip Dominator™ Intake Manifold
    Holley Electric Fuel Pump
    Crane HI-6 Spark Ignition
    MSD Coils
    Pro-Billet Pulleys
    New Chrome/Polished Distributor
    Aluminum 4Row, 180%
    High-Rise K&N Intake Filter Energy Suspension
    Lakewood Traction Bars
    3spd 350TH Transmission w/ B&M shiftkit and B&M shifter
    12 Bolt Rearend w/ Awburn Posi Traction & 3:73 Gears
    Naw Control Arms & High Performance Power Front Disc Brakes (Worth over 2000$!)

Appearance Modifications:

New 2700$ Blue Paintjob!!
    Full set of American Racing Rims, 17' in back, 15' in front.
    Custom 6' Cowl Hood
    New Chrome Front
    New Chrome Rear Bumpers
    New Chrome Bezels
    New Chevy Classic Mirrors
    Chrome Fuel Pressure Tach Installed on Hood GT Trans Racing Steering Wheel
    All New Sport Comp Dash w/ All Comp/Auto-Meter Tach's/Guages
    Red + Yellow Shiftlights Mounted
    Brand New Kenwood Stereo System with Kenwood KDC-X579CD/MP3/WMA Receiver, 4 Kenwood 6x9 Speakers, all already installed.
    Blue Rollcage w/ 2 Blue 4pt JAZ Harnesses & Blue Extinguisher
    New Grey Seats (very comfortable)
    Rear Seat Delete Kit
    Custom Polished Doug Headers connected to 2 1/2 Inch Exhaust (No Bottoming Out) Flowmaster Delta 40's Mufflers

Basics:

This car was bought in August 2004 with 7,000 miles on the engine, It now has around 15-16.xxx miles. The Nova was built into a high-performance street car as well as a nice show car. The engine was replaced with a brand new 350 crate which runs great. All parts that were purchased for this car are brand new. Ive personally only been able to drive it around 1-2k miles, its mostly just been sitting in the driveway with things added to it from time to time, its in very good condition

here are some pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. monstermiata

monstermiata Wanna race??.....let me get the cones

i'd pimp it

3. wrmg3

wrmg3 New Member

yeah so would i. but i'm curious on how much it's worth.

4. wrmg3

wrmg3 New Member

i dunno if that works to well. arne't there anymore gear heads on here??

5. Ronin

Ronin Guest

69-70 nova=13 grand perfect condition. subtract a grand for each year after that (atleast until 72) check for dyno slips to see a power rating. then take into account value of parts.

"This car was bought in August 2004 with 7,000 miles on the engine, It now has around 15-16.xxx miles"

8-9k miles put on correct?

no mention of when the engine was rebuilt

and it states he only personally drove it for 1500, work that one out.

6. SnowFox

SnowFox Guest

That doesn't make sense to me either... the car couldn't magically had put on around 7000 miles by itself.... but I'm sure there's a reason of some sort. Also for a car that appears to be pretty much strictly for the strip and not street, 8-9K miles put on since August 2004 seems quite excessive for such a car [especially one that has been "just sitting on the driveway" as the seller states!!!]. Nonetheless, it is very nice, as for pricing it's going to be tough, that's a couple days work to price out all those parts.

7. wrmg3

wrmg3 New Member

it had a 502 and an extra tranny he took out and replaced with the crate motor. so maybe it's that he has only 2k on the new crate motor but more on the big block. i forgot to add that in there. the 502 and the other tranny with come with the nova.

8. TrueBlueSnake

TrueBlueSnake New Member

You can't be serious, this is obviously a street car. do you Do these look like slicks to you?

[​IMG]

not to mention it has a passenger seat, dumbass.

9. SnowFox

SnowFox Guest

Well maybe using the word "strictly" strip wasn't the best choice, but it is indeed built to to be ran on the strip too... street cars don't have roll cages and 5 point belts in them... dumbass. Also a lot of people don't keep slicks on their car when it's on their driveway, I've known many people that put them on at the track instead just incase they get stuck in rain on the way. You're not going to tell me that car is an everyday driver though, not a chance.

10. TrueBlueSnake

TrueBlueSnake New Member

they do if you run under 11.99 et, and you wanna go to the track on the weekends without getting kicked out, dumbass

11. SnowFox

SnowFox Guest

So therefore you proved my point, I apologize for saying it was strictly strip, but there is far more strip to this car than street... would you invest that much into this car without strip in mind, do you actually think it was built upon the basis of an everyday driver? 8-9K miles since august 2004 is pretty steep, as I said before, for something that has been sitting on the driveway as the seller claims. Also, clearly he has owns more than just this vehicle since there's another in the back.

12. TrueBlueSnake

TrueBlueSnake New Member

I never said it was a daily driver, it looks like a street machine / show car, you said it was "strictly" for the strip implying it was some sort of bracket racer :rolleyes:

13. SnowFox

SnowFox Guest

Did he say why he dropped out the 502 (and was it the ZZ502 or just the bare 502 crate?) and went with a 350 instead? Also what tranny was in it before? I'm going to guess a TH400... and he dropped down to the TH350. Did he say why?

14. SnowFox

SnowFox Guest

TrueBlueSnake, yeah sorry man... I do agree, I jumped the gun in my original statement. Peace.

15. TrueBlueSnake

TrueBlueSnake New Member

16. wrmg3

wrmg3 New Member

he said he think it had a cracked cam but i don't know of anyone cracking or breaking a cam shaft ever. i think he meant crank. which isn't a prob if he did. i can get a good deal on a new crank. he didn't say what tranny, but i'm also assuming it's a th400. he has a lil pic of it pulling the wheels off the ground about 2-2 1/2 feet at the track. so he has taken it to the track.

17. SnowFox

SnowFox Guest

Ahhh yeah, probably the crankshaft... I've went through two cranks, both were in stock 400's, one in an 80 GMC the other in a 77 GMC, now the 80 has the ZZ502/502 crate in it for a replacement. As for a crank going in a 502, I have to say that's kind of hard to believe, but I guess anything is possible; but the ZZ502 is a 14,000 dollar engine (at least here in Canada), there's really no expense spared, I'm sure the crank is bomb proof.... maybe he drove the piss out of it? Or maybe if it's the bare 502 crate it wasn't assembled properly... also the GM crate engines all have a one year warranty... it'd be interesting to know if he bought it and had this occur within the year...

18. wrmg3

wrmg3 New Member

well we were going to work out a deal to trade that plus cash for my supra but he told me he found another supra that will trade straight up. so the deal is off. i appreciate all your comments guys.

19. SnowFox

SnowFox Guest

Wow your supra must be pretty nice, I looked at your profile, and that's some mad horsepower... any chance of getting some pictures?

20. TrueBlueSnake

TrueBlueSnake New Member

yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing some pics either

21. wrmg3

wrmg3 New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

there ya go. if you guys know anyone looking to buy a supra. (which i doubt since it's the muscle crowd) let me know

22. TrueBlueSnake

TrueBlueSnake New Member

That thing is hot!

I might know a few people, how much you looking for?

23. dednyori's

dednyori's Brunettes FTMFW!

:wtc: Those Nova pics make me regret selling mine

24. wrmg3

wrmg3 New Member

i'm asking 41k OBO or possible trade if it intrests me

25. Pioneer

Pioneer Are you annoyed? You will be.

There's a guy that restored a '68 Dart to factory specs and then took it to the track. He made two runs and then track officials told him he couldn't run anymore because he didn't have a cage.

First run = 11.3
    Second run = 10.7