Noticed something while benching...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by T-R-T, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T-R-T

T-R-T New Member

I am strong coming off the chest. In fact the weight that I work with actually feels light. But once I get a few inches off the chest it feels like some other muscle in my shoulders or upper lats starts to work and it's really fucking weak. If I push off the chest really fast the momentum helps get that weak muscle moving but if I work slow I'm done.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what it could be? I've been reading some articles on t-nation about posture and shoulder health and they mention that sometimes little muscles are so undertrained that they prevent you from making progress. I really think that's the case here as the weight that I work with feels so fucking light but once I'm mid way through the movement I can't get my muscles to keep pushing.

2. Sounds like your triceps are falling behind. The majority of the first half of the movement during a chest press is using chest muscles, the second half of the movement is just as much if not more tricep than chest.

3. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

Tricep and delts could be weak point.

4. igo4bmx

igo4bmx WHAT WHAT WHAT THE FU OT Supporter

try also to tuck yout elbows closer to your body as you bench also.
    this has lessen the wear and tear on my shoulders and i don't feel the slight pain i used to

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.