SRS nothing has changed

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by familyguy101, Oct 30, 2007.

1. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

Still no girlfriend
    Still no friends
    Same shitty job
    Still have nothing to do
    Still pissing my life away
    Still no motivation

I'm so bad at talking to people. It's a fucking paradox because I get lonely but then when I talk to new people I get really bored and don't care and I become really boring to talk to. In the middle of a conversation I just start to withdrawal and I desperately want to go home. Plus I have to worry about staying away from subjects like women, dating, sex... since I've never had any of that and I don't want anybody to know.

The other day I was asked by my brother in law in front of a few other people, "do you have any friends that are girls?" FUCKING PRICK FUCK YOU WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GOD DAMN IT THAT FUCKING PISSED ME OFF.

Someone please explain to me what kind of question that is. is that a normal question? was he trying to exploit me? what the fuck was his problem? Either yes i do. I have plenty of them. Here let me rattle off their names. jessica, sarah, tiffany, katie, samantha, wow I can't remember any more names. It's just that I have so many that I can't keep track of them all. OR, no I don't have any. There you go you fat bald fucker. Now everyone knows. Are you fucking happy?

How the fuck do you answer that questions without sounding like a jackass?

Then later that day some guy says out loud that he "never hears any talk from me about the ladies". How do I respond to this? Yes your right, you don't. Because I'm a coward who has nothing to say. There now everyone knows. OR, No I always talk about the ladies, because i'm such a fucking ladies man. Yup, I'm a fucking pimp.

Again, how the fuck do you respond to a statement like that?

I hate it when people fucking exploit me for never having a relationship with a girl. FUCKING POIECES OF TGHSIT CAN ALL DIE. I FUCKING HATE THEM ALL> THIS IS THE FUCKING REASON I WITHDRAWAL FROM EVERYONE> BECAUSE I FUCKING HATE THEM>>>> F

2. registeredPORK

registeredPORK Happy Poo Poo

Change of attitude, of maybe? Show confidence, and I don't mean be an ignorant, naive, prick.

Socialize more. Go to places that will have people who you know will have some sort of interest with you. IE, if you like comics, go to a local comic book store and go to an event or something. :)ahem: Fucking National D&D Day this Saturday).

If you're not happy, quit. You shouldn't bitch, complain, and moan about not liking your job ad saying its shitty when it pays the bills. If you don't like it, don't do it. Find yourself a job that will make you happy. If not, then don't whine.

Again, go and socialize. Hell, go to a movie or something, watch a concert, tell yourself that tonight you're spending time with you and a great movie or two.

Being angry at life is pointless and a waste of energy. So many things to do out in the world.

Well, what the fuck do you want to do with your life? Make a list, make a plan, make it happen.

If you get really bored, don't care about the conversation and become boring to talk to, then maybe it's you that's choosing to stay lonely. Why would any lonely person feel that way? More then not, they would feel shy, awkward, and not know what to say.

You? You feel bored with the conversation and withdraw yourself from it willingly. So, maybe you just want to be lonely and talking to people and withdrawing is the perfect excuse for you to say, "I'm so fucking lonely but whenever I talk to people, I do this."

You're embarrassed that you haven't gotten laid yet. Embarrassed that you never had a relationship, never really had friends but you know what? You're not the only whiner to feel like this. Why don't you actually open yourself up to someone--and shit--maybe they know a female that might be interested in you.

So he was asking you if you had any female friends. He wasn't asking you if you have any girlfriends. Two separate things.

And you're the nicest guy on earth, eh?

Yes, it's a normal question. I get asked that by family members, friends, and of the like.

No, he wasn't trying to exploit you. Why don't you stop being selfish and self-centered and think that there might be some other reason he's asking you. If he did mean to ask if you have a girlfriend, maybe he was hoping that you didn't have one because he wanted to hook you up with a nice girl that you might like.

Stop thinking that the world is out to get you.

Question is, what the fuck is your problem?

There's no shame in having not been in a relationship thus far.

Wow, you're so full anger it's almost comical. :rolleyes:

He wasn't asking you if you ever had a relationship. Just asked if you had a female friend. I don't see the problem with that.

How about, "No, I don't have a girlfriend if that's what your implying. Why? Got one for me?"

... you're fucking kidding me, right? How old are you? I hope you're really 15 because all of this is starting to sound like teenage angst.

You answer, "Well, I wouldn't be a gentleman if I talked about it."

What's the big issue with people knowing that you've never had a single relationship, or a long lasting friendship? Get your head together and change that attitude. It's disgusting.

:hsugh:

Read the previous.

I don't think they're trying to exploit you. Stop acting/sounding/thinking that everyone is out to get you and know all the juiceless information that's in your life. change your attitude and outlook in life, maybe that's the problem here.

So, can I say again....

Angsty teen.

3. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

A wise man said that true stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

So you just said "nothing has changed". My question is, "Did you expect it to?"

In order to find success you have to MAKE IT for yourself. It won't just happen, and if previous actions have failed you then why bank on them succeeding in the future? It's time for you to change things. Shy? Well force yourself to interact with strangers by getting involved in something that forces interraction. Such as a job where you MUST interract, like a waiter. Or if you have a career, then get a hobby such as volleyball, preferably co-ed. Get yourself out there.

You say you have nothing to do and you're pissing your life away, well then it sounds like you have plenty of time to fill, so get off your ass, quit feeling sorry for yourself, and use that endless free time to DO SOMETHING!

4. johan

johan Active Member

Why get pissed at your brother in law for something that is, quite rightly, your problem?

You know it's a problem. It's a huge problem. That's why you posted here, isn't it?

Was it impolitic to bring it up in front of people and embarass you? A little.

But basically, you're spending energy getting pissed off at the wrong person.

Why don't you focus on your problem? And your problem isn't that someone noticed and commented on it.

Your problem is within you. Focus on that.

5. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Okay, in the other thread I was harsh...in here I'll try to be more gentle.

Why ARE you so angry?

6. registeredPORK

... Stop giving him mixed messages. :mamoru:

I still stand with what I said. I agree with the other two posters as well.

7. ///M Pilot

///M Pilot New Member

waaaah./

8. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

Changes aren't going to be handed out to you in a nice little wrapped present. Of course, if you watched any kind of flicks (When Harry Met Sally), you'd know that a relationship as friends with a person of the opposite sex cannot and will not happen, due to sex. It always gets in the way.

:)

And don't worry. Don't get so mad about things. Everyone has been teased, they are just insecure about themselves and feel the need to take it out on someone else. If you don't get so pissed off about it, they won't keep doing it.

Things will change if you want them to. But YOU have to give it some effort. You've been battling this for a long time now, but you need to keep it at. You can't learn how to do something overnight: especially when you've been doing it for the last 15-20 years.

9. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

Yea for registeredPORK and DiggityDogg. Just go reread what they said until it makes sense.

10. The Militant

The Militant THE FUTURE

You just care too much about what people think, I am fortunate enough to be able to talk to girls and while I choose not to have relationships I still have been intimate with many. I never tell anyone about my relationships or what I do with anyone which has them asking me the same exact questions. "Why don't you ever have a girlfriend" "When are you gonna get a girlfriend" this and that. I know what I do and even if I didn't I still wouldn't care. If you don't wanna answer the question just tell them not to worry about it. I usually tell them not to worry about it or that its for me to worry about.

People do suck but believe me it is mucchhh better to be social than anti social not just for meeting woman and having sex but for your overall health as a person

11. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Don't let people convince you its wrong to be angry. You said you need motivation. Well, anger is probably the second best motivation to do anything. Teenage angst my ass, I know all about the bullshit that a disfunctional family can do to you, and extreme rage is gonna be common for you. Its very important for you to learn how to express anger, not rage. There is no better, more liberating feeling than channeling all that rage and learning to have healthy, appropriate anger that will motivate you to get a better life for yourself.

If I remember right, familyguy, you had a lot of problems with your family. Why are you still hanging out with them, when all they do is make you feel bad? Its very hard for anyone to tell if he was actively trying to embarass you or there was something else on his mind, but if you had a shitty family background, you will only see the bad possibilities.

In ANY relationship, once it is clear that one party doesn't respect or trust the other, just about anything one person says or does will probably be interpreted as an attack by the other person. Break away from these people. Find a place where you don't have to worry about well cloaked personal attacks that family members can be so fucking good at.

12. keysmachine

keysmachine New Member

a little loopy this one.. anybody that just goes off the deep end for a harmless question "do you have any friends that are girls" is beyond help in my book. jesus

i've been asked by that question by people that just met me.

13. registeredPORK

No one told him that he didn't have the right to be angry. All I said is that anger is a waste of time and energy. It could be put somewhere else to be used as something a bit more positive then his reactions of "wanting to bash people's skulls in with a baseball bat."

I can agree that anger might be one of the "best" motivations to do something, but it depends on how he is handling his anger.

Sure; growing up in a dysfunctional family might fuck you in the head a bit but there are ways to deal with that. Therapy, counseling, yoga, shit like that. Some of the replies suggested that, and you know what he said? That there is absolutely nothing wrong with him. The first step to even trying to handle your anger problems is to accept that one, you have an anger problem and two, something is WRONG.

And anyway, where did you get that he comes from a dysfunctional family? He didn't mention that. All he said was his BIL asked him if he had any girl friends. I don't call that dysfunctional, I call that socializing and I'm sure there are many that will agree with me. It's not our fault that he isn't giving us the whole story here. If he wants to rant, he could rant in a blog, or his own personal journal. If he wants advice and some help to cope with things that he's going through, he should tell us and give us at least a brief description of the events that had happened to him.

Not only that, he shouldn't have to use his dysfunctional family as an excuse for his poor anger management as well as his poor social skills. You can get that even if your family is fucked up. I've been there, done that, and I've come out more then decent. He needs to learn, accept, and gear towards a new, brighter, and better view if he wants a better life.

And so far, I still stand by my opinion: he is acting very much like an angsty teen. Do you want to know how an angsty teen sound like? Here's an example for you:

I fucking hate the world and I want everyone to leave me alone and for them to mind their own business. I want them to stop exploiting me to the whole entire world that I don't have friends, a girlfriend, or any social skills :mb:

Aw; finally a word of wisdom.

:werd:

And I'm not trying to sound like a jackass but--if you've asked for advice, or a suggestion on why the things that are happening, are happening, then you need to take those words that you feel are right for you and your situation and then apply them to you. Change doesn't happen because you want it to happen--change happens because you make it happen. You gotta do something about it if you want something done.

Just like an old saying, "The pot of water isn't going to boil faster if you just watch it."

14. Maximumjmz

Maximumjmz New Member

I'm in the same boat. I always have nothing to say. On top of that I can't even properly expressed myself in a thread.