Notebook Crew: Is this the coolest shit ever or what?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Bona Fide, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Bona Fide

Bona Fide Guest

HP XB3000 Notebook Dock

Comes with 5 USB ports, VGA, built-in Altec Lansing speakers, ethernet, a hard drive slot, and wireless kb/mouse. Perfect for a laptop-desktop conversion. Too bad it's HP. :o

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

404 Point Not Found.

3. Chaosen1

Chaosen1 Now this is an import model

So you can have all the benefits of a desktop computer when you're at home, while maintaining the mobility of a laptop :uh:

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

The laptop looks nice. (Blue LEDs add 100MHz, you know.) I don't have any use for the tray, though.

In other news, I saw an Averatec lappy with a Turion64 x2, DVD burner, nVidia 6100Go card, and 12" 1280x800 screen for $800. It was pretty, but I really want to get a convertible tablet with those features, just to have the extra input method should I ever need it. Too bad nobody thinks a tablet with a dedicated video card would be useful. :rolleyes:

5. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

The only benefit of a desktop my notebook doesn't have is a huge hard drive, and a powerful video card. This thing only gets me the hard drive.

6. MrBrotato

MrBrotato New Member

or what.

7. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

TBH, it's completely worthless.

I'd much rather have a large fileserver accessible via my network (laptop is wireless, obviously). So I have large file storage AND mobility!

8. JayC71

JayC71 Guest

+10

Laptops are cool, I use mine all the time...but if you want a desktop, get a desktop. Docking stations are great at work when you want to plug it in and have a full monitor/keyboard/mouse to use...but I wouldn't pay the premium for one at home.

9. AlcoLOLic

AlcoLOLic New Member

+1. Docks are great for work PCs, but for home use the NAS rocks when connected over wireless. I made the choice to go NAS and currently have 5TB of storage, with only 20% disk space used on a 60GB drive in a 3 year old Dell laptop. Works great for what I need at the moment. Gigabit wired works great when transferring large files for transport.