not your ordinary prego question

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by quikkstylez, Sep 6, 2005.

1. quikkstylez

quikkstylez i am not asian.

me and my gf have unprotected sex every once in awhile, but all other times i use a condom and i never bust inside her even w/ a condom on.

im worried she might be prego, shes been gaining alittle bit of weight...but hey its summer and she hasnt gotten any excersize, this is one of the last things on my list.

but shes been complaining about some UTI kinda symptoms (frequent peeing, burning when peeing) i know neither me or her has any STD's because i was her 1st, and im 100% sure i dont have any.

shes been saying she feels like utter shit alot of the time, and normally her periods last around 5-6 days, but now they are lasting about 3-4, and shes been bleeding alot less then normally.

im headed off to buy some prego tests today, but i figured id ask here because shes in class right now.

what really throws me off is that she is getting her periods every month, although i know you can still be prego and get periods.there is a chance obviously that she could be pregnant, but what are the chances that these things could be a sign of pregnancy.

2. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

obvious question.. but has she seen a doctor about the UTI yet?

3. quikkstylez

quikkstylez i am not asian.

i keep asking her to, and keep telling her its dangerous if left untreated, but shes convinced that its something that will just go away with time. :hs:

4. page

page New Member

At least get her to get cranberry juice and some OTC meds..

5. Triple-C

Triple-C New Member

UTIs will NEVER go away unless treated with antibiotics... even if you get the OTC pain relievers, the infection in still there... and if youve been having sex with her since shes been having these symptoms, YOU probably have one too, but guys dont get symptoms as intense (or even at all) like girls do... so YOU may need to be treated also... and if only one of you gets treated, youll just keep passing it back and forth until BOTH of you do... get BOTH of your asses to a doc ASAP, left untreated the infection can spread, grow, etc, and it can get really nasty REAL quick...

anyway, as far as the pregnancy thing, a womans cycle changes a lot during her life, and it sounds like that might be the case... she sounds like shes just sitting around lazy over the summer (which would cause weight gain AND a change in menstrual cycle), maybe out in the sun too much and not geting enough fluids so shes dehydrated (which would cause UTI)

so basically both of you need to get to the doc to be checked for UTI anyway, have her ask her doc to check for pregnancy while hes at it..

good luck

6. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

umm, that's pretty wrong right there. And left untreated she can get very sick. Go to the store, and buy her some pills, name brand AZO. There are a couple of different kinds, you want to get the one with pyradine or pyridium (yes the actual name is longer but I don't know the whole thing) in it, and also get her the cranberry kind. Make an appt for her if you have to. UTIs are very easily treated and there's no reason for her to just suffer through it.

UTIs can completely wipe me out too. The whole 'pregnancy symptoms' thing. Tired, nauseous etc. I wouldn't worry too much about her being pregnant, but I would worry about her not taking care of herself.

7. lauren

lauren Active Member

:werd:
    because it bares repeating.

edit: as for the prego question. i have no fucking clue. sorry. you should always use protecion, bareback w/o bc is like russian roulette. but you know this. get the test, then go from there. good luck.

8. Epiphany

Epiphany 78% of all statistics are made up on the spot

UTI's are very common for females having sex. They are bacterial infections. If you are putting things up there they are easy to get.

Drinking tons of fluids... especially cranberry juice works and as much as it hurts she should go as often as she can. UTI's go away faster the more often you don't hold anything in. If she holds it in the bacteria is hard to get rid of because it spreads and grows and it can make it worse to hold it.

I've also heard that it's good to pee after sex. It helps wash out the bacteria.

9. daydreaming

daydreaming New Member

a no...a she needs to go or she will have kidney problems the rest of her life.
    cranberry juice only goes so far. alot of girls get them from having sex...so you might want to force her to go...it is about her health.

10. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

Someone humor me...Ive never heard of UTI's bein spread thru intercourse....Ive heard of yeast infections, but never UTI's. Since the infection is internal, inside the body, inside of the urethra & makes its way up to the bladder....how does transmission occur exactly? Ive tried to look this up on a few websites, but none mention sex as a method of transmission to your partner. :hs: Someone find me a link, now Im curious.

11. Myst

Myst New Member

Its not unheard of, but I wouldn't call it 'common'.
    Women have shorter urethras than men. This is why it's often stated that you should urinate after sex, to flush out bacteria.
    Now add a little jostling of the bladder from some rough sex, and maybe you're a little run down & voila! - UTI.

12. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Oh hells yeah you can get them from intercourse. I am on a preventative antibiotic because I get them so much.
    http://www.brown.edu/Student_Services/Health_Services/Health_Education/sexual_health/sti/uti.htm First link that pops up when you search uti and sex in google.

13. Triple-C

Triple-C New Member

14. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

I dont think I made what I was sayin clear, I understand that you can get them from intercourse, women get them real easy....BUT, what I want to know is how its passed back and forth from male to female with this cycle that was previously mentioned. Ive never heard of a UTI bein passed between partners....over and over. Its not like you're gettin your pee hole fucked..thats what I dont understand. Ive never heard of a guy catchin a UTI from fuckin his girl while she has one, then spreadin the UTI back and forth to eachother. Yeast infections, yes, Ive heard of that many times, the fact that men can catch it from their GF, but never a UTI

15. Triple-C

Triple-C New Member

it happens because the bacteria cant ONLY exist in your urethra, it is all within the area... also, there are some secretions from your urethra during sex (even if only minor)... unfortunately i know this to be true because of a time when i basically had a UTI for a solid YEAR, bc everytime Id treat it, Id start havin sex again and it would come back... come to find out, that was the reason... again, why Im on preventative antibiotics as well :hs:

16. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

Q: Can you have sexual intercourse if you have a UTI? What about oral sex?

A: UTIs are not contagious. They are contracted through bacteria entering the urethral opening, and if someone performs oral sex on you and you have a UTI, the person giving the oral sex will not contract the UTI. However, it is possible for bacteria to enter the urethra during this act and create or worsen a UTI. Oftentimes, a UTI can be uncomfortable and painful, and anything inserted into the vagina may cause irritation and the further need to urinate.

http://www.ciproxr.com/PAT/faqs.asp

Blah, UTI's are a bitch, but Im still stickin with the notion that I have sex and not pass a UTI on to my guy......Sorry to hear your horror stories ladies... I know UTIs suck, and lord knows there a million things that happen durin a regular fuck session that make us prone to one each and every time.

God bless Cipro :bigthumb:

17. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

you're joking right?? I even made a post about this not too long ago, I thought I was the only one!

18. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Actualy, my doctor has mentioned this to me also. We discussed the possibility of treating my husband because I couldn't seem to get rid of the many I was having.

19. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:ugh: If only Cipro worked anymore! I'm afraid of getting more because I'm already so far up on the antibiotic ladder of things working for me!

20. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

Sorry to hear Cipro is null and void. Im sure the doctor has gone over the laundry list of potential causes stemmin from both your own body, sex, and your hubby. Sounds like a lose-lose situation. Shit, you might wanna try havin sex in a kiddie pool filled with Dial Soap next :lol: Just playin

21. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

eeek.. no sex in kiddie pools full of soap!!!

Oh yes, we've been over everything. i've been to urologists and other doctors, had tests done and there's nothing wrong with me.

22. Triple-C

Triple-C New Member

haha nope, im with ya ;)

23. Triple-C

Triple-C New Member

NO WAY!
    i went in ONE hottub for ONE night and got a UTI... even my urologist was like "see what you get for tryin to have fun? girls like you cant do that"

:(

24. Dilbert Pickles

Dilbert Pickles New Member

say Pregnant not fucking Prego...what are u like 14

25. FXD02

FXD02 New Member

Get to the Dr. Both of you. UTI's are treated so easily. She can get really really sick if it is a UTI and goes untreated. It could ruin her chance of ever getting pregnant. And if she is pregnant now, wouldn't you both like to know? Come on now.

I haven't read all of the posts here, but if UTI's can be passed to your partner, then shouldn't you both get tested and treated? All you have to do is pee in a cup and then take some pills.

No big deal....get going-if you have to, make an appt for the 2 of you. Go with her. It's gonna be fine.