Not too impressed with Mustang Gt's

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Big'Un, Aug 25, 2002.

1. Big'Un

Big'Un "Just once i would like to dine at an American pin

This thread is in no way intended to talk trash to mustang owners. I think they are decent cars, BUT....i was out at the track friday night and watched a couple of mustang GT's run (95 to 2000?) Well, there were some fast ones, runnin 12's, but those ones were heavily modified....the GT's that only had like exhaust done were runnin ne where from 14's as high as like a 15.7. So whats the deal, i know a driver is a BIG part of the race but i for some resaon thought they were faster than that. I know a guy who has a 95 Mustang GT (5.0) with exhaust, pulleys,chip, and a 150 shot of nos...he runs a mid 13. Those are good numbers compared to my car, but i guess i just dont really know what good numbers are for those cars. Somebody fill me in please:confused:

2. mymilkexpired

mymilkexpired New Member

This isnt a flame, but mustangs in general are slow. I drive a V6 firebird and take mustang gts out all the time. Fact of life, they are slow factory.

3. 4G63 BT

4G63 BT Guest

Gee...15.7....my 2.0 4 Cylinder Mitsubishi running on pump gas can do low 13s on snow tires.

4. 86ZZ4

86ZZ4 Guest

the 95-97 GT's are pretty weak stock,15's,98 and up on average low 14-mid 14's,and on the Ford boards there are a few claiming 13.9's stock.So much depends on track,weather ,state etc.My Z28 would probly go a .3 second either way depending on where I was running and the weather there:rofl: Therefore ,camparing internet ET's is kinda pointless,way to many viaiables.Last 2 weeks in a row a saw a 2001 GT run 14.5's at the track i go to.And I know they can do better than that!

5. Supertrapped

Supertrapped President of 2:73

I've never been impressed with Mustang GTs:p

6. Aaron74

Aaron74 Guest

My friend Lee has a 2000 5-speed GT. It's not THAT bad of a car. There quick but, it's not fast at all. I like the car. It's fun to drive. But if you want speed, go with an LT-1 or LS-1. Camaros and Firebirds are even more fun to drive the mustangs. Mustangs are like the poor mans muscle car.

7. Goopster1

Goopster1 Guest

ahhh well u take stock auto's maybe but Mustangs from the factory arent all that slow.
    Certain things are faster but ya know....
    V6 birds have alot of fuckin hp for v6's. Transam did their shit right with the v6 and the Formula's cause a Formula will rip on me all day long, I mean its .8 litre's bigger than my 4.9 (5.0) but they are fast as fuck.....

8. Goopster1

Goopster1 Guest

O and let me clear this up for the final time....
    NO MUSTANG OWNER SHOULD EVER RUN A FUCKING 15.7, IF U DO KILL YOURSELF, BLOW YOUR FUCKING CAR UP , OR LET ME DRIVE IT AND THEN I WILL SHOW YOU REAL TIMES....
    My stock ass stang , except for Mac Headers wth 4 cats, so basically the headers do jack shit. Well it runs 14.7 at like 94 mph on street tires....

5.slow 5 speed HO!:big grin:

9. Fordgasm

Fordgasm Mike Trout > All

W3rd.

10. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

You need practice if you can't get a new Mustang GT into the low 14's.

If nothing else I think Mustang GT's have a sweet ass exhaust note. One of the best sounding cars straight out of the factory that I have ever heard.

11. Aaron74

Aaron74 Guest

:werd:

12. I've ran a 13.7 with my stock 2000 Gt stang, 5 speed..

Maybe those higher times were from auto stangs...

13. Goopster1

Goopster1 Guest

ahh and also the newer GT's run better 1/4 times than the fox bodies do.

14. ED-209

ED-209 Guest

No offence but id like to see that. I dont care how good of a driver you are, there is no way a stock GT will run a 13.7. Last time i was at the track a guy had a 02 GT 5 speed and he ran constant low 14s. His best was a 14.3

-Matt

15. 86ZZ4

86ZZ4 Guest

That is amazingly impressive!!!!!!!! 13.7's in crap Okla air.Was this at Thunder Valley???/ its what, 1000ft above sea leval or so???:eek: So at sea leval ,that a 13.59, 13.6 Stock GT???

16. Drifter

Drifter wat

I'm sure you have only an exaust right? :rolleyes:

:Ricer mentality: :rolleyes:

17. 86ZZ4

86ZZ4 Guest

If its an AWD Eclipse,it will probobly do 13's with very few mods.:eek:
    Couple a years ago when myAMX was a mid 13 car,I races a kid at the track a couple a time one night,Some kind of DSM,had exhaust,jacked up boost,with a controller and a couple of other little things.It was middle of summer ,so really bad air,I was running 13.7-80,on 1,8x 60 fts.I about shit when this kid out 60 fted me ,on street tires:rofl: ,Id reel him in on the big end but,Me leaving @4800 and seeing taillights kinda fucked up my concetration:rofl:

18. Mikel

Mikel .

19. Yes this was at Thunder Valley...

I run there every weekend, that was my lowest time "13.7"

But yes, I can run those times if I "Drive it like I stole it.." everytime.

20. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

Mustangs are ugly, commonplace (I see rental stangs all the time), and slow... Not to mention a total chick car...

21. 86ZZ4

86ZZ4 Guest

you have run 13.7's in Okla summer air @ a 1000 ft track on a stock GT????????what kinda 60 fts??? I dont mean to keep hammering you on this,but that is a truely amazing time for the track and conditions.I can see a 2000 GT popping a high 13 at a good sea leval track, but tThunder valley..........WOW

post your 60 330, 660, MPH @ 660 and 1/4, etc ,please ,im real intersted in this,this is probly the fastest stock stang in the world.I just find it amazing a 16 year old kid can run such times in the conditions Okla usually has.

22. Coma Black

Coma Black Guest

Well in my neighborhood BMW's and Porsches are more common than Mustangs. Your point being?

BMW 3-series are more chicky than Mustangs of any magnitude.

23. Nutro

Nutro O|||||||O Austin Jeep Crew

Alright there, Robocop 2 ( :greddy: ), make the trip down to Houston, and you'll see '99+ Mustang GT's doing that all day long. In fact, I've seen and personally know the owners of at least 10 that ran 13.6's in the 1/4, stock, all day long, at HRP.

Obviously, the higher altitude, along with the shitty driver of the one you saw run, contributed to the consistently shitty times.

As a matter of fact, one of the guys that I know, took a stock '00 GT, and ran a 13.6 with it. Then he put on a NX 100 shot, and some Nitto DR's in the back (on the stock 17" wheels), and ran 12.3's in the 1/4 all day long. All that, without even pulley's, or a short throw shifter, much less an aftermarket exhaust.

So blah to all you haters. Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Shoot, Bob Cosby, the owner of the Corral, took a '99 Cobra, with nothing but bolt-ons (headers, exhaust, pulley's, short throw shifter) and ran 12.8's in the 1/4, all day long, up in Virginia of all places. I dread to think what he could do at HRP. Shoot, he could probably but that beast into the low 12's, with no major power adder.

/rant

24. Fordgasm

Fordgasm Mike Trout > All

Bob Cosby doesnt own Corral.net

25. Nutro

Nutro O|||||||O Austin Jeep Crew

Well, I haven't been there in awhile, so I couldn't say for sure. But he did, because he started it. If he sold it, I don't know to who. Please enlighten me. :)