GUN Not that any gun laws follow common sense, but... (NFA)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by xpinchx, Apr 24, 2009.

1. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

I wish it were possible for normal people to own fun stuff. For me $200 is a decent chunk of change (not that it matters in MI) to shell out just to register a suppressor or SBR. And in most households buying an old beat-up machine gun (or a few pieces of machined metal) for the cost of a new car is out of the question. Really a shorter barrel or quieter report doesn't make the weapons more deadly in the hands of criminals. Also, aside from that fact I doubt a significant portion of violent crime is committed with NFA items registered or not (ie home made).

You could argue that a FA would be more devastating in a high profile shooting, but really if you're going to go on a murder spree the ATF is going to be the last thing on your mind. Let's face it, two of the most popular rifle designs (AK/AR) are pretty easy to convert to FA with either easily attainable parts or even with household items if you're crafty enough. Even still most high profile shootings are with standard, legal guns.

So my solution? Make SBR and suppressors legal with no registration. Maybe make sales and transfers go through an FFL and run a standard background check to make some of the liberals feel better. To deter their use in crime give it a mandatory sentence on top of whatever they used it for.

FA would be trickier and I'll give the liberals this one, they have a far greater potential to be devastating. How do you guys think it would be ideally handled? Maybe go thru a FFL for manufacture, sale, and transfer of FA firearms along with some sort of mandatory registration that requires some sort of competency test and full understanding of what will happen if used in a crime. Dunno, what do you guys think?

Ever since all the April fool's day jokes about NFA being repealed I've been thinking about what I would be like if NFA stuff was legal.

Cliffs: suppressor/sbr restriction and registration is pointless. NFA in general should loosen up because for the most part these are basically novelty items and rarely turn up in crimes. Not sure how full autos should be regulated, so I'm curious what you guys think.

2. xpinchx

Disclaimer: I know this is a wet theoretical dream and it will probably never happen, but humour me. Maybe some day well get a president that hascommon sense AND respects the constitution. (but don't hold your breath)

3. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

4. Rip The Jacker

Rip The Jacker New Member

FA will solve itself when gangbangers end up losing control while firing and make themselves easier to shoot.

5. xpinchx

or a CPL is carrying a G18 with a 33rd magazine :bowdown:

6. johnson

johnson New Member

Just be glad that they didnt raise the price because of inflation. $200 was a lot more back then.

7. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

yeah, no shit

$200 in 1934 is $3,100 now

8. xpinchx

yeah I know $200 was a lot back then but the NFA was basically an attempt to keep SBRs out of the hands of petty criminals and increase sentences for crminals doing stupid shit.

9. Keesh

Keesh New Member

I hope they keep inflating the dollar. Soon a tax stamp will cost as much as a big mac :bowdown:

10. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

M1A1s, yep

11. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

I'd go against your average shooter with a FA more comfortably than one armed with semi-auto, as would I feel perfectly confident in my chances being armed with a semi vs a FA shooter.

It takes quite a bit of practice to hit anything with more than a 2-3rd burst. A lead hose is cool but only hits count, and 99% of people, myself included, will get more hits with a semi.

12. phoenixTX

phoenixTX New Member

Apparently there are some folks in Montana that agree with you ;)

13. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

American 180ftw

14. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

Cans should not be restricted. Nor should FA in my opinion.

15. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

god would my pants get tight if 86 was rolled back :wackit:

16. 993kgt

993kgt building an airplane whee

cliffs: you are broke

I personally like the NFA law, I think it keeps the weapons in the hands of responsible people who can also afford to lock them up appropriately

17. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

:rofl: oh god your pathetic elitism

18. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

Why would I want to send my NFA stuff to jail? :hs:

19. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

BRO, YOU DON'T HAVE SUPPRESSORS FOR EVERY GUN YOU OWN?

GOD, YOU FUCKING FAIL AT LIFE

YOU SHOULD KILL YOURSELF FOR NOT HAVING A TRUST FUND. I WORKED HARD FOR THAT TRUST FUND.

20. :rofl: @ the trolling

Anyways, remember when you posted a thread about how you thought someone was trying to break into your house or something, but all your NFA stuff was locked up safely, and the only thing you had to defend yourself was a shotgun with 2 rounds for it? :rofl:

21. P-chan

P-chan New Member

I wouldn't want to use any NFA items for home defense anyway. :o

22. The point was that as much bragging about all of this NFA stuff as he likes to do, when he thought he really needed a weapon all he had available was a shotgun with 2 rounds in it. The point of the discussion in that thread was that while the NFA stuff is fun to play with (and brag about if you're him) it's important to have guns that are actually accessible and usable for likely scenarios.

23. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

Id have no issues dropping someone with the MP40 of it came down to it.

24. P-chan

P-chan New Member

Fucking hell that's right. Even one of my co workers who was sort of anti-gun, a while back came in bitching that her husband went out and bought a shotgun for home defense without asking her first. I empathized a little and had a little discussion about how they have a child now and a home, and he just wants to make sure they're safe in case someone tries to break in or whatever.

She goes "Yeah, that's true. But he bought a lock for the trigger and put it up in a closet unloaded!! I said, what the hell good is that going to do unloaded if someone breaks in here?!"

:rofl:

25. P-chan

P-chan New Member

Of course - just make sure it's a reeeeal clean shoot :o