not sure why i keep thinking about my ex when im with the new girl

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by TomBrady, Jan 18, 2010.

1. TomBrady

TomBrady New Member

it seems like every time were having sex, i think that i am having sex with my ex. they have very similar bodies and kissing styles so when we are having sex in the dark, i always get confused and i have to bring myself back to reality and remind myself who im with.
    anyone have this problem before? how do i not think about my ex and focus on the new girl? im afraid im going to call her by the wrong name one day:hs:

deep down, i miss my ex, new girls similarties isnt helping

2. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Have sex with the lights on.

3. TomBrady

TomBrady New Member

well i leave my hallway lights on and my room door halfway closed so i can somewhat see her. we also fuck in the morning when it is bright. i still have flashbacks or moments where i think im with my ex. i guess u could say i was a bit disappointed.. fuck me

4. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

Sounds like you either aren't over your ex or you just aren't that into your new chick. :dunno:

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Yeah, time for you to end things with this new girl (for her sake) and get over your ex before you start dating/fucking someone new.

6. kristaliah

kristaliah New Member

Wait until you're 100% over your ex.

7. TomBrady

TomBrady New Member

actually i really like this new girl hence why i feel a little guilty when it happens

its been a while, i think the only way is to date/fuck as many people as possible
    it seems to be working

8. giz

giz Active Member

for people saying wait till you are over your ex, what if I feel like I'll never fully get over her? :hs:

9. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

It's possible your new gf and your ex are just similar. It would be like if you dated two chicks with similar massage techniques... getting a massage from the current gf might remind you of how your ex did it, especially if your eyes are closed.

It's probably a natural memory trigger. Maybe.

Or this:

Bad.

10. iwishyouwerebeer

You've only known her days and just made a thread about how you're not sure you could even date her because she fucked you so quick :hsugh:

You're just lonely, not over your ex, and trying to fill her gap with another girl. It won't end well for either of you most likely, but worse for her.

11. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

exactly, man

We can't answer this question for you. Sorrrrryyyyy.

12. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

:werd: And there is a huge difference between remembering your ex fondly versus thinking about them when you have sex with your new girlfriend. :hsugh:

13. CarolinaE

CarolinaE New Member

word of advice dont shout out the ex's name while doing it but even if you do by chance let me know how it goes :p

14. OniMinion

OniMinion ...recalls when this forum was actually about cars OT Supporter

Wow, it's interesting how most people give the advice of get out there and find someone new (after a relationship ends). In this situation everyone is saying how he should get the hell out of there...

15. JoJoBee

JoJoBee Hanging out with my chicks! OT Supporter

16. TomBrady

TomBrady New Member

i honestly think that i will never be "over" my ex
    honestly shell always be part of my heart and a chapter in my life. i feel like she was wife material and what couldve been was ruined because we were both selfish and young.

as for the new chickm, i like her a lot but its just weird that im reminded of my ex during sex. it just might be because they have similar bodies/same kissing styles. i do feel like this chick is the 'rebound' chick though but i do like her if that makes sense.

17. giapia

giapia Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you re

after my ex and i broke up, i was dating around a bit and found a guy that i really clicked with. i didn't want him to be the rebound guy so i kinda stopped talking to him/dating him for a while (about a month to be exact)--a few text messages every now and then but no major flirty or outings. and then when i felt like i was ready to see somebody exclusively again i gave him a call.
    i didn't date anybody else in between that, i was just having fun being single...that was a year ago...and we're still happy & growing

18. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

what exactly do girls mean when they say "have fun being single"? especially in your context of not dating anyone at that time

19. Toxica

Toxica New Member

Going to clubs and dancing with men, being flirtatious, only having to worry about yourself, some girls might have one night stands, not have to deal with any relationship drama, and stuff like that.

20. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

:rofl:

Gotta love the "end it" mentality around here.

Dude, fucking/dating the new girl IS getting over your ex. Just don't feed her a bunch of bullshit about how serious you want things to get. And don't pretend like you don't still have feelings for your ex. Let the new girl decide if she wants to stick around knowing that she's most likely a rebound. :dunno:

21. infinite.purple

infinite.purple New Member

ya it's a little overkill, guys srsly

SHE BLINKED AT YOU FUNNY?! DUMP HER ASS!!!

and i agree with you, viper. everyone has rebound relationships. just be honest with her (and yourself) about where you are emotionally.

22. iwishyouwerebeer

But he's not going to tell her anything and is going to lead her on.

How would you feel knowing a girl started dating/fucking you and thought a bout her ex all the time during the act because you reminded her of him?

23. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

It depends on how I felt about the girl, first off.

Secondly, if she's honest about it and tells me upfront how she feels, then the ball is in *my* court and it becomes my decision as to whether I can handle the truth of that or not.

Some girls won't care. Others do care. Others care and think that they can convince themselves not to care.

People need to stop bowing out of potential experiences because it don't look good or they think they will get hurt and just start being fucking honest about where they are and let the people they are with decide if they can deal or not.

24. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

this is what i did with my most recent ex, ended up a little rougher than expected but i don't regret it for a moment :dunno:

25. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Yup. Never regret being who you are and going after what you want. Not everybody will accept you. You won't be a success all the time. But when you are, you'll have BIG successes. Because you choose to be who you are and to be honest, there will be no surprises and you will find true compatibility...which is what we all need.