SRS Not sure why I even finished my AA.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by RebootEnzo, Jan 22, 2010.

1. RebootEnzo

RebootEnzo New Member

Depressing that I finished at all costs, love where I live now and can't go to school here. :wtc: or really any where. I am going to be forced to leave in about 6 months.

FL changed their 2 + 2 policy.

2. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

What? Why can't you go to school anywhere?

What's a 2+2 policy? Is that the thing where you are automatically accepted to state schools if you have an AA?

3. tan koi

tan koi Guest

oh that fucking sucks man :hs:

this is why i'm thinking about transferring to a university this year and finishing the 3 years i have left.

4. RebootEnzo

RebootEnzo New Member

Yes..

You are no longer automatically accepted anymore.. They changed it to say it just means you can fucking apply for a college.. Fucking stupid..

Cool the state of Florida gives me the right to apply to college..

5. Unspun

Unspun New Member

Where is the information to back up your discernment? Could you show me something that I can do research on? I did a google search (albeit a small one) but I could not find anything supporting your argument. I found this website though, which explains the Florida transfer policies but considering it was written in 2002 and you claim change Idk how useful it will be to you.

If you google "higher education org florida transfer" it will be the first link.

6. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

if you did well with grades with your AA, then what's your concern about getting into the school of your choice?

7. Unspun

Unspun New Member

When I read through the article I suggested *the one made in 2002* it seems to address the policy exactly as he assumes it has already been changed to, giving me the opinion that he was wrong in his initial judgment. Either way it goes, like the post above me states, if you have a good enough GPA, why are you having a panic attack about it? Unless you're trying to get into a field that has minimal space and/or a waiting list I don't see the issue.

8. jim1234664

jim1234664 New Member

sounds like he rode out cc with a 2.0ish gpa and now is pissed he isnt given a free pass...

no sympathy here

9. seismic

seismic New Member

It used to be like this in WA state. Get a ~2.0 GPA in the Associate of Arts and Sciences program and graduate from a community college then there is a dedicated amount of available space for you at a 4 year state university.

Not like that anymore. Enrollment has gone way up and the school I got into with C's is now not letting kids in with B+'s. :o

10. RebootEnzo

RebootEnzo New Member

Exactly.. I started a few years ago when this was true. I have been working and going to school slowly.

I have the option of begging to retake classes that I got a C in. I am going to look into that. I am curious though can I receive my AA then just keep going to pad my grade. I know the max credits are 80.

11. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

no wonder they got rid of the 2+2 program

but yes you can keep going to cc to take general/elective classes to boost your overall gpa

12. RebootEnzo

RebootEnzo New Member

They didn't get rid of it and according to another poster the policy is still the same. However if you go on some of the community college websites they act like going to their college will transfer you right on over USF. Like it is a sure shot. All the classes they put you in fill the requirement for USF here.