SRS Not sure what to title this...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SlinkSatsuma, Oct 29, 2004.

1. SlinkSatsuma

SlinkSatsuma Guest

Mine started off, I was raised in a broken home. My parents divorced at 1yr of age. I continued visitting my dad for a couple weeks in the summer from then on.

At 7yrs of age, that was my first time of ever being sexually molested, yes molested, not raped. I never did tell my mother or anyone around here about that one, until it was too late to charge the person, because now I could recognize him if i saw him, and I never knew his name.

About the age of 10 my mom explained to me that she had been the one to contact my father every summer to see if he wanted to see his daughter. I told her to stop contacting him, and see what happens. Needless to say, I did not see or hear from him until the age of 14, when I scared him to death, because I had my return address to be c/o Minnesota Teen Challenge (MTC). For those who don't know, that is the name of correctional facility. That one focuses on male and female, youth and adults. Well, the reason we moved there is because my mom got a job. Well, I saw my dad a couple of times through out that year. I was also not allowed to be around anyone that was a part of the 'program.' After that we returned to our home state of North Dakota. Which, at that point we stopped hearing from him again. Well, I went through a lot rejection issues at that point and became a loner.

While, I was living on the 'campus' of MTC, I was also secually molested. Took her to court, because my mom actually new that this one had occured. No one other than me still knows the COMPLETE story behind that, but I think it's better to keep it that way, in my opinion.

At the age of 16, I got chicken pox, so I couldn't eat anything, cause they were in my throat and everything. The day after I got over with my chicken pox, I had found out my cousin committed suicide and went into a deep depression, and pretty much continued to not eat very much for about 1yr. I became, what most would consider, a picky eater. I lost nearly 100lbs with in the next year. I started having some major health problems after that too, but it was not all caused from the quick loss of weight. Some of it was from stress. I started having a low white blood count, had a seizure, and also had gall stones, and the doctors had to remove my gall bladder.

At the age of 17, after I lost most of my weight, I actually started being accepted into what I thought was the 'popular' group in high school. I thought it was nice because they accepted me for who I was at that point. Well, after being friends with them for a year they started introducing me to hard liqour. About the time I started joining in with the drinking, they decided I was no longer good enough to be their friends. Shortly there after I started hanging out with another group of friends, who were into more stuff than just liquor, even though I never got involved with it at that point in time.

Also through this year (18yrs of age), my grandfather died, my best friend's mom died, my best friend turned all of my 'friends' on me, and I dropped out of high school, because I had become so ill, I was constantly in pain. After I dropped out of HS, I stopped hanging out with any of these friends at all for the most part. The following year I started school again at an alternative high school that was just starting up. So, I got my diploma, and all was good there.

After I got done with the two credits that I needed to do to complete HS, my mom and I moved to another town. Here is where I continued to drink, and tried fighting off trying weed, because 98% of the people up here do or sell weed. Well, I finally broke down and tried it twice. I got high the first time, but not the second. I have been clean from that for 6 or so months. And another guy up here scared me to death when he told me, I had the signs of becoming an alcoholic. Now I have a drink or two here and there, and that's it. At the age of 21, I have decided to go back to God, and try to rebuild a relationship with him.

Sorry for that being so long! Just thought I'd share a little about what I have gone through. No, I did not tell everything, but I did tell a lot of it. If you got past the first couple of paragraphs, I am amazed, and thank you for your patience of reading it all. Take care!~

2. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

Thanks for sharing...

What are the signs of becoming an alcoholic that you saw in yourself?

3. SlinkSatsuma

SlinkSatsuma Guest

i could hold my liquor very well, i could out drink a lot of my friends, and stuff like that.

4. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

I wouldn't be so inclined to define that as alcoholism. In essence, an alcoholic cannot stop after having the first drink. Frequency of abuse is sometimes an indicator, but never a definitive point.

If you are truly alcoholic, then you can never moderate again. Best of luck to you in your quest though.

5. l S3RG10 l

l S3RG10 l New Member

Wow that is a horrible past you came from, my exgf was an alcoholic and had some problems similar to your past. She went to AA and has been sober for over a year now. I wish you the best and good luck