SRS Not sure what to do v.BreachOfProbation

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by A Cow, May 22, 2008.

1. A Cow

A Cow OT Supporter

hey,
    long story short ( skipping details for obvious reasons )
    i know someone ( under the age of 20 ) who recently got out on probation. ( he got a 1 year term )

for most of the time in the joint he was in the hole ( due to a hells angels incident ) and i can tell hes learned his lesson and no longer wants to be in there.

hes gone back to highschool, getting better marks than I ever did, hes got himself a job and is working hard at it, got his own place ( renting with his sudo sister ) but shit kinda fell apart last week..

this kid has been working really hard at work and he missed his last probation checkin or what ever its called so.. now hes got a warrent out for his arrest... few days lator his brother ( who has been baned from the apartment ) showed up in a cracked out state ( normal ) showed up and the get evicted.

I feel really bad for this kid because his birthday is comming up in less than a week, hes working a HELL OF A LOT harder than I ever worked. and shit is going just generally down hill for him..

what should I do?

2. djshotglass

djshotglass New Member

Just offer him all the support that you can... and update your thread in freakyshiat!

3. A Cow

A Cow OT Supporter

also am wondering if i can be charged if i don't bring him in?

4. djshotglass

djshotglass New Member

I don't know canadian law but I wouldn't think so. Even if you could be don't be a narc!

5. Martinj

Martinj New Member

What makes you think you may get in trouble? Have you been given a certain responsibilities over this case?

6. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

What should you do?
    Give him support. Encourage him to do the right thing. Other then that nothing.
    If you are concerned about harboring a known fugitive, I wouldn't worry about it.

I mean, it isn't like this kid is a serial child rapist that escaped from prison.

What should he do... the really hard thing. He needs to turn himself in and be straight up honest with everyone. There is a decent chance they will let him finish his parole.

But the longer he waits to turn himself in the greater the risk they will want to teach him a lesson about being on parole.

7. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

he should go in asap and explain what happened. odds are good that he'll only spend a night in jail

8. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

9. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

if he wants to truly get on with his life, he needs to get this cleared up, otherwise he'll get sent back to jail in the middle of getting his life back on track

10. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

He needs to turn himself in ASAP. Right now. As in YESTERDAY. the fast he turns himself in the less likely it is that they will throw him back in the slam for the rest of his probation.