SRS Not sure if this is the right place...but....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by quickone, Sep 9, 2005.

1. quickone

quickone New Member

It's not that serious...but it's bugging me anyway. Last eye doctor visit i was told i have somethin that produces too much of that eye crusty stuff. She said what i should do was wash my eyes with a hot washcloth every morning to loosen it and keep them from building up so it won't affect my contact wearing. But it still does....I feel so tired and my eyes always hurt from wearing them...especially at night. I have to keep rubbing them at night because they dry out and when I get home and take them out i feel wide awake again. Does anyone know what the name of this is? or ways to help prevent it or make it better...besides not wearing contacts anymore?

2. MikeYOX

MikeYOX May 2000 account: DELETED :(

OK, first of all, wearing contact lenses when you have an eye problem is a HUGE no-no. I have dry eyes off and on myself, just as a result of my physiology (no illness or disorder), and I do not wear contacts for that reason. Contacts can disrupt and cause irritation to a normal eye, let alone one that has a problem with crust.

You can try using one of the eye drops designed for contact wearers, but it might only be a band-aid for an obvious problem.

Good luck either way!

3. quickone

quickone New Member

I do use eye drops... they help only for a few min before contacts return to the way they were. I figured if it wasn't safe to wear contacts they would have told me so. But she didn't make it seem like a big deal, she just said it may cause some irritation. But I absolutely hate glasses and do not want to go back to that.

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

My advice is to use day lenses. You use them one day, and then throw em away. Keeping your lenses in at night is a bad idea, the thing about contacts is this. You don't see it but there are bacteria on your fingertips , if you make contact with your finger to the lens it will get infected ,bacteria will gather on it and make a mess of your eyes causing irritation and creating heaps of garbage in your eyes. This problem probably won't go away but you can reduce the build up by throwing the lenses away ,with day lenses that's not a problem. Washing your hands with soap a clean cloth. then putting some cleaning fluid over the day lenses , putting them in for 1 working day, and throwing them away before you go asleep should also give your eyes some time to rest and clean up in the night. When you wake up just wash your face including your eyes, or take a shower and clean the face including the eyes. You might still experience 'some' irritation but my best bet is that it will be reduced.

5. quickone

quickone New Member

I don't wear them at night only if i end up unexpectedly sleeping at someones house...but i'll check out the daily contacts...thanks