Not sure if these are worth a damn, but 54 MF's for $30

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Goat, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Goat

Goat That crack is really moreish

2. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

I :love: cheap MF

None of that 'boutique' brand nazi bullshit here. I may not be doing 30 hour paint corrections and $1000 details, but the Target/Walmart/Costco brands work fine for me.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I love the Vroom towels at Target, have some Costco/Sams towels I use for interior cleaning and glass.

The only expensive MF I use is the Monster Fluffy and only on black cars like Porsches, G35s and BMW 335s that are known for very soft paint.

4. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

lol, sounds like that's a reference to someone at Autopia.

5. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

No one in particular.

While I may have a few (10%) ultra soft, edgeless, hi-quality microfibers in my arsenal I generally only need them on super soft black/dk blue paints after full correction. I'm just not using an $8 towel to clean out a cupholder, that's all I'm saying.

6. Pussysmith

Pussysmith Banned

Costco Microfibre is amazing stuff. I hate MicroFibre but this is the one I don't complain about. I wouldn't buy it from anywhere but Costco if I were you guys. You'll love them!

7. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

:werd:

I buy most of my stuff frm Target too. Im very impressed with the Vroom branded stuff. Its good quality.

And werd on the Monster Fluffy. Got three of thsoe myself. :wiggle:

Of course when i worked at Griots me and one of my colegues tried to convince them they should have an ultra soft. They told us there was nothing wrong with their current premium MF towel offering, and we should stop trying to throw out ideas.

But looky here...

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/what+is+new/speed+shine+micro+fiber+cloths,+set+of+three.do

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/what+is+new/micro+fiber+car+wash+cloths,+set+of+four.do

Same can be said about the Carnuba Wax stick (ripped off from Autipia, from a tip from another service rep, that was said to be a "dumb" idea).

And the waterless car wash (after a demo i showed them with ONR) and was told it was gimmicy. Now they offer waterless wash.

Also withthe nitrile gloves, over the heavy latex gloves they used to offer. Again, the latex works, people like it why would we want to go with "that stuff", now they have dropped the latex altogether.

But im not bitter or anything. :hsugh:

8. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

That part is clearly evident... :rofl:

Nitrile > Latex.

And cheap latex is the absolute worst. You're better off trying to use the baggy vinyl gloves than 'bargain' latex- those things rip if you look at them wrong.

9. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

:werd:

They where good quality Latex gloves. Very heavy duty, nice and thick. BUT, they where still latex. And when you get theminto petrolium products, they deteriorate rapidly. The bonds in the latex breakdown and it fisheyes, and tears. Thats why they tell you not to use vasaline with condoms.

But considerign we sold alot of automotive products such as oil and brake bleeders/pumps, it seemed reasonable to also offer a nitrole glove that would not degrade in these conditions in those liquids.

I just think tis somewhat disappointing that every good idea that comes along the R&D and purchasing department poopoo as a "dumb idea", and almost intentionally unsult you inteligence on the issue, as if they are smart enough that they would have done it already, long before you could ever think about it, then magicly, out of no where, your "dumb idea" appears in the catalog as the next greatest thing ever.

There is a long and sorted history of that at Griots.