Not sealing the deal... What gives?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Sybian, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

So I don't know if any of you were following my last post:

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=4372153

But anyhow to make a long story short, I went out with said chick and it was great. Asked her out on a second date and she flaked. Something having to do with working and being very busy which is all well and fine.

I've since moved on to other prospects. I had this one girl I went and had coffee with, but never spoke to her again, and now I've met this stripper/aspiring actress who I only think was interested in me because I could potentially influence her career. (I'm like a talent agent, but not really. See me later for more details on that one.)

Anyhow I met with her today, but we could only hang out for about an hour or so. (She had to get to work). We had a few drinks, laughed it up and talked a bit. She wound up inviting me to a party she's throwing on Sunday, and wants to see me later this week to talk more about business.

I need to get laid people, and it seems like I'm gaining interest, but once I'm in the game, I can't close the sale... Not being agressive enough? What's the move here?

2. macbook bro

macbook bro Guest

coffee = fail
    go out somewhere where alcohol is involved

3. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

:ugh2:

4. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

You don't think I tried that? She would only meet me at the coffee place. I was pissed.

5. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

:hsugh: not always

6. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

Alcohol aside, the coffee date was cool. We chatted, got along well, just never spoke to her again. Not sure what happened.

7. schmitty101

schmitty101 You might remember me from such films as "Dig your

I think the key is to comfortable while your around them. Or at least project that your comfortable and in control. That's my advice but what the fuck do I know...I suck with women. I'm saying that because when i talk to girls they usually blow me off the same way as these girls are doing it to you. It's hard to say your having a good time if she doesn't feel comfortable around you.

8. macbook bro

macbook bro Guest

what is it with girls, its like you get off on saying, AHA, THERE IS AN EXCEPTION! WHILE YOUR GENERAL STATEMENT MAY BE TRUE IN THE MAJORITY OF CASES, IT IS LESS THAN 100%!

9. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I know guys like this too, sadly. If I've learned one thing about people in general, it's that no one should be steroetyped. There's no cookie cutter right (or wrong) date for every person you meet. Just like there's no cookie cutter way everyone in 'xyz' culture celebrates a holiday.

10. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

See that's just it. I'm a master at making them feel comfortable. They laugh, joke and have a great time, but when its time to actually get something out of it I always fall short. Maybe I make them TOO comfortable.

11. macbook bro

macbook bro Guest

yeah, great, we know, everyone is a unique snowflake

12. macbook bro

macbook bro Guest

probably. you aren't a challenge, theres no danger or mystery to you. you come off as non threatening and non sexual

13. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

OK, good. Now that that's out of the way, let's not assume every date or meeting needs to involve alcohol to be successful. :bigthumb:

14. macbook bro

macbook bro Guest

we are back to where we were two posts ago. you have a stick up your ass with "there is an exception to every rule" written on it.

yes. "not every date needs alcohol to be successful"

great.

but overall he is way more likely to have success with drinking involved.

15. macbook bro

macbook bro Guest

this always happens, i make a thread in here, then start posting in other threads in here, then immediately regret it

16. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

My greatest question is how do you do that? I can't understand it.

17. macbook bro

macbook bro Guest

no idea what to tell you bro

18. giz

giz Active Member

how is the sexual tension throughout the date? are you bantering back and forth, or are you just playing 20 questions?

19. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

I mean, that's a problem too. I can't read it. Usually with all of these women we just conversate back and forth. Its not really 20 questions. Its just natural conversation that never really turns sexual.

20. giz

giz Active Member

it doesn't have to be blatantly sexual (and imo shouldn't). teasing and banter are so important, there has to be some sort of playful back-and-forth. having a boring conversation about where you work, what school you went to, etc. isn't going to get you anwhere. hell, I purposely avoid those topics.

also, if it were me, I'd try to avoid using the "I can help your career" angle. it might work but probably not.

21. macbook bro

macbook bro Guest

the help your career angle will not work if you come across as completely nonthreatening. assuming 'work' means get you laid. she will just think oh wow, this is a nice guy who is helping me out. not, oh, if i fuck this guy, i will get ahead

22. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

It wasn't really meant as a trick, she asked where I worked and she knew about it. Conversation just developed from there. Yes, I said that I'd see what I could do, but I'm not sure where that actually landed me.

23. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

And I do understand this. She doesn't really seem like the type that would fuck someone to get ahead, but then again I did meet her in a strip club. :dunno:

24. giz

giz Active Member

yeah, I didn't really interpret it as you trying to pull a fast one. I agree with asdfska

25. macbook bro

macbook bro Guest

i almost want to upload a video of youtube so you can see the expression im making right now