SRS Not manly enough?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SovietRussia, Jun 27, 2006.

1. SovietRussia

SovietRussia What? You pooped in the refrigerator? OT Supporter

So i have been seeing this girl, and you know how it goes...getting all lovey dovey and stuff. but i am worried i am being too lovey dovey and she is going to forget that i am still a manly man. so what can i do to remind her of that? like i dont hunt or fix my car, but maybe working out (which i do already). i dont know, but i figure she isnt going to want to date a pussy, and that is how i think i am coming across all sensitive and stuff. i know girls want sensitive guys, but they still want a man too.

2. Pringles

Pringles New Member

This is something I wondered too. My only conclusion was when I was dating that I had to stop that manly game and just be myself. When your out flirting and trying to find people you tend to want to act tough b/c women like the confidence and the protection you can offer as opposed to other men. But if your seriously dating and looking for the rest of your life with her then you wanna be yourself and drop that "man" hardass shell. If this is just for fun and quickies then I'm not sure I'd like to know the answer too.

There always seems a point in my relationships where I hit the barrier and get close enough with a girl and I start to lose my cocky/funny attitude and become a little more carring. I'm not really sure how that works and would like an answer also.

Hope that made sense,

Pringles

3. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

For me I just try to joke around and stuff, and even though they are jokes about manly stuff it does tell her something about what I'm into.

4. Verdugo

Verdugo New Member

My girlfriend tells all her friends that I'm the sweetest most carring guy on earth but then again she tells everyone that I come down hard on b.s and know how to put my foot down. And sensible women want a man that know how to treat and listen to them.

5. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Being a man is not about hunting or fixing cars. Being a man is about taking care of your responsibilities. You do that by holding down a job, taking care of your son etc.

Why do you think she wants a "manly man" and what's wrong with just being yourself?

6. vcm

vcm Guest

:werd:
    Women want a man who can be assertive more than anything else. If you're not aggressive and unable to put your foot down, she might be transferring that percieved weakness to a vibe that you might get as "oh, I don't do enough manly things."

Do you play any sports?

7. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

:werd:
    If your nature is sensitive and caring, Don't go changing yourself for some girl. If she loves you or likes you, She should accept you for who you are.

8. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

SR, you have the strangest problems with girls. I think your main issue is that you need the self confidence to handle the little issues instead of running to help or sweating every little thing that pops up.

9. SovietRussia

true. i figure i might as well ask for advice, although i usually know what im going to do prior to asking. but i might get some advice that i hadnt thought of before.

10. SovietRussia

all women want manly men. it is biological. being manly is proof of being a good provider, etc.

11. SgtGumby

SgtGumby New Member

kill bugs, open jars and do the driving.

12. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

That's what I said to some extent. I think you need to redefine "manly man" though.
    Again, what's wrong with just being yourself? Why do you feel the need to change for women?

13. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

A lot of the manliness you want to portray can just come in simple confidence. The confidence can be in the way you walk, talk, etc. You do need to find the middle ground though between being lovey dovey and being the man in the relationship. You could try being the more confident when in public, but when in private you can go ahead with mushy stuff. But just remember don't try to be anything you're not, even lthough the situation might call for it. But that's all a part of dealing with womens who are hard to understand.

14. SovietRussia

i am myself, and that is who she likes. :o so i will keep doin what i been doin and if it works ok. if it doesnt, it wasnt meant to be.

15. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Don't worry, in all honesty it sound like you're so shallow, and so are the girls you date, that they'll never notice the difference between sensitive and manly. Just keep buying them things, and they'll be happy. I'm not trying to be mean, but this is where you're at.

16. quid

quid I Piss Excellence OT Supporter

if she likes the way you are and things are working out i see no reason to change.

17. SovietRussia

sounds good. thanks for the awesome advice. :rolleyes:

18. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Its the only good advice you've gotten in this thread. You need to self-examine, and not relationship-examine.

19. SovietRussia

i am not really shallow. or at least that is not my biggest problem, my biggest problem is that i lack self-confidence. i used to be fat, but now am not fat. i still think of myself as fat. i dont think that i deserve this girl, so i probably over compensate by telling her how great she is and buying her things.

20. kakariko

kakariko Purple Member OT Supporter

just be yourself