not having sex,but have a question on the period issue?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by quamen, Feb 1, 2005.

1. quamen

quamen New Member

Im not having sex anymore cause my gf refuses to go on the pill due to family health reasons of cancer in the uterus. Last time i had sex was over 2 months ago and my gf isnt happy about it.

anways, what is the final conclusion on the whole period idea. Some say a girl cant have a normal period while pregnant,but others say she can. What is the truth to this? I was just kinda worried cause my gf has been craving alot of food like junk food it seems like, and seems to have put on a few pounds but got heavy period she says for the past 2 months.

2. Muses

Muses Guest

she should see a doctor
    a woman can have a period and still be pregnant...it's not common, everyone
    is different.

3. AngelsWing

AngelsWing New Member

women can still crave food during their period... cravings don't exactly mean she's prego. :bigthumb:

4. BedBunny

BedBunny Guest

she needs to go to a doctor or planned parenthood and explain the cancer she is concerned about that runs in her family and they can get her on appropriate birth control.

5. Big Red

Big Red New Member

Welll the last time I was prego I didn't know I was as far along as I was because I did have some light bleeding, which I thought was my period. Low and behold it was something they call implanting. They said it happens when the embryo attaches itself to the uterus. Before I got prego with my second child, I had a miscarriage and they acted like they didn't know for sure if I had miscarried. It was heavy bleeding that was dark red. I have heard of some women getting their period the whole time they were pregnant, but I definitely recommend gooing to the Dr and getting her checked out. I wouldn't think she is pregnant, but to be safe she needs to get checked out

6. Hairy Gorilla

Hairy Gorilla New Member

take a prego test?? :rolleyes:

7. djshooter22

djshooter22 Guest

If she is having a period while pregnant then there is something wrong with her body. Which is even more of a reason to go see a doctor. Women are not supposed to be able to ovulate during pregnancy. When a woman in pregnant, the embryo secretes hormones that take over the mother's reproductive system, preventing ovulation. Plus remember everyone goes through phases in life where they have weird food cravings. If you are worried about anything go see a professional, don't just take the advice of people on the internet.

8. Chrissy

Chrissy dnb doll

heh, if she gets her annual checkup she should be fine. if she is at high risk, she should be seeing her obgyn at least every 6 months. i've had cervical cancer before and it isn't uncommon in women between the ages of 19-24. i don't know about this "uterus cancer" though. if she has endometriosis then having sex is probably uncomfortable so she's avoiding it. either way she needs to see a doctor.

9. dumb_end_user

dumb_end_user Sad Gus

Yes, some women can have period like breakthrough bleeding while they are pregnant.

Yes, some women crave weird foods while they are pregnant.

Is your girlfriend pregnant? Who knows but here's a hint:

Drive her to the drug store.
    Pick up $4 pregnancy test (they ALL use the same mechanism, all you are paying more for is prettier packaging).
    Have her pee on the little stick.
    Wait 3 minutes.
    Know for sure whether or not she is pregnant.

How in the hell can this be that hard?

And quit having any sort of sexual relationships with anyone until you can figure this out on your own.