SRS Not having any family at a young age...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Bear Klaw, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

What little family i have, i am distaint from. The ones i'm close two (my 2 grandparents) I talk to on the phone a few minutes each day. I am close to them, but due to their age, it's not like i ever seem'em and do anything. I see my grandfather once a week for a few hours, he comes out to my house to help me do work(what little he can do he will)

I reside with my sister, but don't get along with her whatso ever.

She is the worse kinda person to live with, nor do i get respect. She will never lock the front doors, does'nt take care of our "dog", blasts hobbible rap music, smokes in the house, never cleans up after herself, lies, makes up shit, calls me names, etc. I try to aviod her as i prefer not to have anything to do with her, but i live with her. She interntion does stuff to piss me off as she thrives off negitive attention from me(gives her the idea i care)

I consider myself werid, but i may be a lot more then i think, as i feel fine with whom i am and what i feel. But a 3rd party i am sure can tell i'm in a situaiton like this.

I don't know my dad, my mother is dead. Yet I feel fine, does'nt bother me.

Anyone else grow up like this? What issues did you run into when starting a family, with serious friends, in life in general?

2. 7960

7960 New Member

I also own a home, on about 1acre of land. It is worth alot,

http://forums.offtopic.com/showpost.php?p=73495587&postcount=6

You said you own the house. Kick her out.

3. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

4. 7960

7960 New Member

then you don't own a home.

sell your 50 and get out.

5. BradUF

BradUF Guest

How do you sell 50% of a home?

6. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

can't :rofl:

7. bounty_hunter

bounty_hunter New Member

I grew up with no family whatsoever, mom died giving birth to me and my dad hated me for that, so i spent most of my time in seclusion until he died (I was a military kid). Even then I was indiffrent, I read alot and kept myself occupied until i started school I figured it was normal until I was fostered.

I should be fucked up but I don't think i am (some posts may say diffrently) entirely. I just do what I gotta do, have friends and don't complain. It does bother me a little that I can never look back on my families history (I have relatives but long long story) but at the same time without shitty bonds tying me down I've become more independent and I think stronger on my own two feet then with support.

8. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

it must suck to get married and have no family show up while the girl has tons

9. 7960

7960 New Member

:rolleyes:
    Yes, you can. Sell it to your sister. If she can't or doesn't want to buy it then have a lawyer force her to either buy you out or sell her half, too.

10. Hate Crime

Hate Crime Don't Hate OT Supporter

:dunno:

Some dude in germany divorced his wife, cut the house in half and moved it to a different piece of land. Not sure how incest works, must be similar no?

11. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

:ugh: she doesn't have to listen to a lawyers, what is he going to do, send her to jail?

she will do whatever she can to make anything difficult for me.

12. lick wid nit wit

lick wid nit wit Official OT Oracle

See a lawyer and check in to what your legal options are. If you want to sell your half of the house she may not have an option but to buy you out.

13. 7960

7960 New Member

If you're just posting here to troll like you do in the main forum can you at least let us know? That way we won't bother being helpful.

But if you're looking for serious replies...........
    Two years ago my partner and I bought a condo. I paid the entire down payment and we have split the mortgage payments, condo fees and property taxes since then. However, he recently moved out and says he wants his half of the equity, which is about $45,000. I don't have the money to buy him out. Can he force the sale of our condo? -- Tamara Y.

DEAR TAMARA: If both names are on the title, the answer is yes. Your ex-partner can bring a partition lawsuit to force the sale of the condo with a split of the sales proceeds. However, if his name is not on the title, he can't bring such a suit.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/07/AR2006120702152.html
    In your case it's not a significant other, it's your sister... no difference where the house is concerned.

14. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

anything i have said on any form is the truth.

so shut the fuck up about this troll shit. Just because you dont agree with what i do does'nt mean i'm a liar/troll

i have even provided pix when people said i was a troll

and thanks for the info. I called my old landlord and she said my place should be available in a few months, so i am excited about that as i won't find anything for that price in this area

15. CaliforniaPlaya

CaliforniaPlaya New Member

Unfortunately I can relate to the first post here. I grew as an only child with just my mother and never knew my dad. Parents never got married and my mom immigrated to America by herself when she was 21 . . . she never had any other family here and her family back in her home country she doesn't communicate with. So, without knowing my dad or his side of the family and mom not having any family here and and being an only child, my mom is my only family.
    When I was a kid, she used to tell me that she is my mom and my dad also . . . now imagine how confused I was as a kid!!! :eek3:
    Um, best I can say is I've gotten used to it. I don't necessarily like it, but I guess its better than having a big messed up family.
    As a kid, it was odd for me whenever the subject of my dad came up. In my younger years, I would say "I don't have a Dad.". But, when I learned that wasn't true, I changed to "I never knew my Dad.". I always felt uncomfortable when friends would tell me when they did with their family over the weekend or summer or whatever. My mom worked to suppot the both of us, so I grew up alone in the house most of the time. THere never were the fun family outings or vacations.
    As far as friends go, I used to do more socializing but as I've grown, I've become more of a loner. Not on purpose, but just a learned behavior.
    And on the wedding subject, I think this is one of the major reasons why I doubt I will ever marry. I would be fearful of that wedding day. I wouldn't want a big wedding and would be just fine with going down to City Hall and getting it done and over with there. I would just dred the wedding day when all my brides family is there and I've got no family to bring.
    Yes, in a way it sucks and in another way, its probably easier this way. I can't change my past family circumstances, I can only learn from it and try to make the best of it.

Good luck!!!