SRS Not happy.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by AndNineteen, Jun 19, 2007.

1. AndNineteen

AndNineteen G!zMo's High School Pic

I’m not really sure how to start this because the more I think about it the more retarded it sounds. As of lately I just haven’t been happy. It sounds dumb to me because I have a great family and wonderful friends but I am just never happy. I mean my parents would do anything for me; they are always there for me and help me. Some people would even say ism spoiled. I've always gotten whatever I wanted if my parents could do it. My father is amazing and always went out of his way to make sure I was happy and reward me, more so for me than my other brothers.

But no matter what I’m still just not happy. I am 19 and never really had a long term relationship, I've always messed it up before it lasted. I'll be with someone and be happy and then I just get bored of them and stop caring. I drive people away from me. The same goes with work, I dropped out of college because I thought working would be better, and no matter what kind of job I get I am not happy. I currently work at a deli/ convenience store and hate it. I get bored of the same thing everyday. And as of lately I’ve been so stressed and angry I’ve been blowing up on co-workers over stupid crap. I just don’t know what do to. All year I looked forward to the summer, all my friends would be back and things would get better, but this summer no one came back.

They all live in apartments at their respectable colleges and decided to stay for the summer. I really don’t have friends around here and that’s starting to get to me. I just don’t know what to do. I hate trying to make new friends, Online I can talk to anyone about anything, but in person I am really shy and keep to myself except around my friends. If we are hanging out with new people I am really shy, if it’s all my friends I am the life of the party. I guess I am just really lonely and life’s been bumming me out completely.

2. busydoingnothing

busydoingnothing A broken man too tough to cry

Are you maybe seeking out some sort of perfection, or something otherwise unattainable and unnecessary? When's the last time you did something out of the ordinary, something spontaneous? Why not go out and visit one of your friends at their college for the weekend? Do you have any hobbies or interests, something you do that you just really get into?

3. AndNineteen

I have one major hobby thats also my biggest flaw, I am currently addicted to online video games and find myself falling deeper into them and putting important life things off for them. I would love to visit a friend but I work every weekend and cannot get off.

The only thing im seeking out is something interesting. I have a huge fear that i will end up just like my father. Working a crappy job that i hate just to keep my family above water. He works his ass off for us and i feel like all i do is disappoint him. He wanted us to go to school and make a better life for ourselves and i couldnt even do that for him. I suppose my biggest fear is becoming a slave and barely making ends meet.

4. mrj

mrj New Member

You sound like me. I've hated every single job I've ever had.

I can handle them for a month, after 3-6 months I'll hate it enough to the point of me quitting.

Unfortunately, I'm in my "career" .. so, bouncing from job to job when you're competing for my end of jobs is pretty, uh, awful.

I really think I need to find something more meaningful to do.

5. AndNineteen

So to make things worse, I went into work today and my boss pulled me aside. He asked me if I would be willing to run the store for him while he is gone. His wife is having a baby and hes taking like a month off. So I half jokingly made a comment about getting paid more to do it, and he told me he just cant afford to pay me anymore. Which was a shock seeing has the 2 newest people he has hired are making more then me and do far less then me.

So his comment about not being able to pay me more pissed me off, and i told him i really would rather not run the place. It kinda threw him off and he started bitching like "oh i no one else is ready do to this and i really need you now" but i told him I'd think about it. After thinking about it some more today and talking to a friend, i decided i REALLY dont want to do it. But im not sure how to tell him.

6. mrj

mrj New Member

I'm vindictive. I'd quit when he was in a hard spot like that. haha. And it'd feel so good.

7. AndNineteen

I want to walk right out. Im offended that he would offer me this chance but not give me any sort of bonus. The 2 new people that I TRAINED make more then me and when i mentioned this to him he was mad at me for finding out what they make. I dont know what to do.

8. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

Have you ever opened up to one of your friends? Just completely blurted out everything that was bothering you? Have you ever confessed your emotions to someone or explained what you were thinking about at that time? Have you ever asked someone for advice when you were feeling down?

The reason I'm asking you this is because it seems that you have a crap load of stuff bottled up inside of you and you have no outlet of removing that. It's good that you can do it on an online forum to get rid of some of it, but what you really need to do is talk to one of your friends and get some things off your chest. You need to be able to convey your emotions to somebody.

I am horrible at what I just told you about. That's the reason I know how to fix what you're going through. I went through the same exact thing, except in reverse. I was going away to college... far away. I left new york knowing no one in Virginia. However, by the end of the year I found my new best friend... and I've talked to him about a lot of my problems, as he does the same. You need to find yourself that kind of a relationship so you don't bottle everything inside of you until you just blow up.

That kind of friend is not going to just pop up out of the ground. It will come naturally, and hopefully something will click. Don't be afraid to ask someone for help if you are having a problem. Don't be afraid to seek assisstance.

----
    You said you're looking for something new? You've got something new sitting right in your lap. You have the chance to run a small business for a month. That's a little different than your everyday life, isn't it?

My final suggestion? Sign up for fall courses at a local community college. Work part time/full time while going to school part time/full time. You'll meet some guys/gals at school that you can chill with and your life can move on from there.

9. mrj

mrj New Member

If I'm unhappy at a job and management can't change things, I find another place to work.

10. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

no offense, but go back to school

school sort of forces you to be social, and from there you can obtain friendships/relationships.

If you feel like school isn't the place for you, then find a hobby.
    If you can talk to anyone online and you feel like meeting people online is easier, then stick to it. Join a chat room or a message board that is centered around your state/area and meet up with people.

I've done that before and have made great friends.

sorry sweetie :hug:

11. AndNineteen

I have tried to open up to friends before, but they all have problems to. I dont really like letting people know my problems it makes me feel weak. I posted here kinda to vent because i feel like im gonna explode. As for the college thing, I cant afford to go back to school and my parents dont really trust me since last time they paid and i was immature and stopped going.

12. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

What makes you feel weak about it? You see your firneds have problems too. Do you think they are weak because they talk about their problems?

There is nothing weak about having problems. We all have our problems. I have too many problems with myself to list. You wouldn't believe what bothers me. You have to be able to convey these emotions to other people. Maybe not ALL of your problems, just do some. This way, you won't keep them bottled inside where they cause the most damage.

---

Prove to your parents that you are ready to change. But make sure that YOU ARE READY to change. Don't give up because you screwed up once. You are 19 fucking years old. You have a shit load to look forward to in your life. Don't let this crap now screw you over.

What kind of relationship do you have with your parents? Have you ever tried to talk to them with your problems? How is your relationship with your mom? Do you ever fill her in on your life? Does she like to know what you are up to? How is your relationship with your father? Do you do anything with him like work around the house, working in the backyard, playing some games/sports, etc.? Do you still live with them? What about your brothers... what are they like? Do they have problems as well? Do you think they are weak?

These are questions you need to be looking at.

Take a few deep breaths, appraoch your parents, and ask if you can set up a loan system. See if they can lend you 4-6k a year for school and you will still work to have some spending cash. After you are done and get your degree, start a payment program to pay them back all the cash that they paid you. Act RESPONSIBLY and they will treat you with RESPECT. Act like a kid, and you'll get treated like one.

But you have to STICK to it. You can't give up anymore.

13. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

don't allow your boss to walk all over you like that. And by extension, don't feel guilty for not running his business for him when he wanted you to. Also, don't feel guilty because you found out some new people make more money than you. It's his business, and his problems, don't let him push his problems onto you. Are you pushing your problems onto him? I didn't think so.