SRS Not happy with anything

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by korverftw, Mar 27, 2009.

1. korverftw

korverftw New Member

I'm just about to turn 21 and I've been debating whether or not I'm depressed. I think I may be. I don't enjoy anything... I half ass my way through school (this is pretty typical...for some reason last semester i worked my ass off and got straight A's, but now I'm back to being a C student) and I do nothing at home other than surf the internet and walk around my house. I only have one friend and he's not the "hang out" type. I haven't had a GF since October of 07. I don't even think about relationship crap anymore because 1) I have no self confidence and 2) I'm still a little bitter with girls in general because I get screwed every time I am in a relationship.

I used to have some hobbies (guitar playing, playing basketball, and video games) but I don't even do them anymore because I just don't really care.

I have had the same job for 3 years and I absolutely hate it. I'm trying to force myself not to quit. I go to school 4 days a week and work the other 3...so I have no days off. I haven't slept past 6 in a year and am totally dead tired every minute of every day.

Sick of cold weather around here and I'm really just sick of this city in general. Everybody is the same. Literally. There's no diversity. Everyone does the same thing every day and I have no choice but to get stuck in it. I've had the same schedule for years and it's wearing on me.

I have money saved up and it's gotten to the point where I'm debating just moving out of state, somewhere warm and starting over at a new school and try to meet new friends. Of course the problem with that is I only have enough money to live on for like a year, maybe a year and a half and I have no guarantee my parents would help me with tuition if I just up and left. Not that it really matters, I'm a German major which is probably just a waste of time anyway.

Sorry just felt like venting a bit.

2. Cronin

Cronin New Member

I used to feel the same way. I moved from Buffalo, NY to Houston, TX and I don't fucking regret it. It's not fucking cold here and it's crazy diverse. I used to have women attraction trouble but I don't anymore. I read somewhere once you just need to train your mind and wake up everyday thinking and convincing yourself that you are the shit, and, any girl who's around you is very lucky to be around you (Sounds lame now that I'm typing that out.) Thinking that way automatically changed my behavior and I have no problem attracting women. My problem is with keeping them :mamoru:

Improving your social life may also lead to higher motivation in school - that's what happened to me as well. Of course, when I'm saddened over the loss of a girl - my studies do temporarily suffer. But falling in love with every girl I meet is a different matter.

3. lost04

lost04 justme

I don't think you have to make a drastic move to find change... Have you considered moving within ur state ... i find that change of city is often enough for a change of scenery.

Anywhooo.. you're not alone... I feel like my life is so mundane... everyday is the same.. there's no excitement. Life is so boring. And unless you genuinely try and put effort into it it's not going to change. Just the thought of effort turns me off. LOL. sigh...

4. korverftw

korverftw New Member

Do you like Houston? I've been looking at it because it's warm and not as expensive as SoCal. I like the big city feel too. Plus there's water close:wiggle:

5. Daria

Daria New Member

Not having a day off ever is probably wearing you down like crazy. Is it possible to rearrange you work schedule to be a part of your school days, so that you can have AT LEAST one day off a week?

6. korverftw

korverftw New Member

Hopefully after the semester ends. Admittedly it was my fault for setting up school for M-Thurs and work for Fri-Sun. My job does now allow you to call in sick however and is quite inflexible. I'm going to try talking to my boss about it, though. Thanks :)

7. Daria

Daria New Member

NP. This is something that will help you for the time being, but the advice from the other posters will probably help you long-term.

8. korverftw

korverftw New Member

This is a good idea, but I'm aleady in the most exciting, diverse town in my state (SLC, Utah). It's almost laughably dull.

9. 17%

17% New Member

move to germany.

srsly.