Not good with women? Look inside

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by jc_smith, Apr 25, 2010.

1. jc_smith

jc_smith New Member

Noticed a lot of threads on how guys don't know how to approach girls and when they do they fuck it all up. Google "Book of Pook". It should help you a lot, I know it helped me :)

Edit: Here's the PDF File for it

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  2. Rellik

Rellik New Member

pickup.. i don't know.. I've become kind of jaded... this one appears to be an inner-game type guide, those can be even more useless than the routine/material type disciplines.. because if you don't LOOK like an alpha male, and don't have the lifestyle of one, girls (and guys) are going to pick up on this incongruence in about half a second

ill go check it out later in full...

3. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

I recommend a pook under 1 condition-- that it's the only thing you read about relating to dating.

This goes for David D's "DYD" as well.

A nice little enlightener to give you a bit of a shock or motivation then you go out and do it.

4. john law

john law Guest

5. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

:ugh2:

6. john law

john law Guest

I've never paid for someone else to teach me "game".

7. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

you must be the fucking man

8. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

you are so cool

9. THoC

THoC New Member

some people out there need all the help they can get :hsd:

10. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

obvious troll is obvious

11. THoC

THoC New Member

how am i trolling?

edit: wait you referring to john law.......

12. john law

john law Guest

Is it really that hard to talk to girls? They don't bite, and they are often flattered when you approach them. Smile, act friendly, look her in the eyes, let them do most of the talking, ask for her number.

Call girl a couple days later, tell her where and when you want to do when you go out. Throw out a few compliments and jokes, initiate some light touching, if she is into you, you will know. Move in for the kiss when the time is right, when the date is over, tell her you had a good time.

Decide whether or not to call her back for a second date.

Come on, was any of that hard? Works for me. Every time. Do you really need to buy a book to tell you what to do?

Granted the jobs I've worked and the college I went to were heavily female, so I have experience by default, but 98% of girls are nice and awesome.

13. AndrewLD

AndrewLD New Member

Working on your inner-game will get you along much further than just learning canned material.

14. RichieHemingway

RichieHemingway New Member

Fail.

ha ha

15. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

good one

16. THoC

THoC New Member

oh im not disagreeing with you.

i follow that plan to a T. works for me about 90% of the time.

problem is.... and no matter how sad it may seem to you and i.... that a lot of guys out there freak and overthink picking up a girl.

17. john law

john law Guest

Yes, I've noticed you and I do have a very similar views/methods when it comes to the ladies.

What works for us, may not work for others. I don't think it is "sad" per se, but I think that you, antihero, FS and a few others do give very good advise. I realize I'm newer here, and I'm willing to help out too.

I guess I don't understand the bitterness/jaded/warped view some members of the Vag have towards women. I've treated them well, and they treat me well, go figure.

The odds are in our favor, since there are FAR more quality women, than quality men. Hence, that is why they are flattered when you approach them, and everybody likes positive attention from the opposite sex :)

18. nrgyserboy

nrgyserboy New Member

Welp... bored and probably a social retard having been in a relationship for so long. I'll read this book. Thanks for the link!

19. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

The pick-up stuff can be good as motivational material, to show a guy who's had shitty luck with the ladies that it is possible to turn around. Also, some of the more behavioral advice in there isn't some weird do-a-trick/double-neg/spin-around-twice/spit-a-line thing that you probably think, it is more like the advice you gave yourself.

20. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

To me PUA is like fishing with dynamite. Sure, you might catch some fish doing it, but if you're actually trying to learn how to fish, dynamite won't help you one bit.

21. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

So like, instead of a primary focus on talking to and flirting with and spending time with women ("outer game"), you focus primarily on mantras and self-affirmations and thinking positive ("inner game")?

Ooooook :dunno:

22. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Time to close the Vag. The internet troll who is "new" to the vag yet somehow seems to know posters nailed it. No more need for advice here in the Vag. Time to close up shop. It was fun while it lasted :wtc:

23. NCS

NCS Active Member

the PUA arguments like this thread have become more entertaining since it is now somewhat mainstream.

fact of the matter is, its good to be able to learn to improve yourself / improve your social skills.

24. Rellik

Rellik New Member

i have to disagree with what john law said... its overly simplistic, and basically describes a normal, adjusted person who isn't socially retarded, that's all.

this simple approach assumes attraction. If she's already into you, usually because you meet her standards of physical attraction or you're cool or have some sort of value, this laid back method works fine. Just sit back, relax, don't say anything stupid and its a slam dunk.

BUT if theres problems with attraction, or there's any 'winning over' to do, its not going to work. so when guys run into the brick walls of rejection or awkward fails, thats when they turn to pickup, because "smile and let her do most of the talking" isnt going to get you fuck-all.

25. john law

john law Guest

I can only speak for myself, and what works for me. Apparently it works with HandsofChaos too. It works 90+% of the time for us :dunno:

I could read through those books, and pick apart their "game" too. What works for those book writers, may not work for the person reading the book. Just like what works for me, may not work for someone else.

Do what works for you. If you are reading/needing a book, you probably have serious problems before, that a book isn't going to help.

Hit the gym, smile, don't say anything dumb, act interested...I cannot foresee anything bad coming from that method. Not that any of this is my problem, and I'm just offering my 2 cents. Take it or leave, no care from me.