SRS Not feeling well

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Naturally Baked, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Naturally Baked

Naturally Baked Active Member

Im not one to get depressed but lately, especially this week, I have felt like complete shit. The major I wanted to switch to won't be available until 2009, so that leaves me with a big burden to decide basically what I want to do with the rest of my life in the next 3 weeks. Im stressed, ive done bad on all my tests, the business I run is flopping currently, I have no money (80 bucks to my name). Im normally a happy person (quiet and laid back, but happy). Lately I've been really irritable and just feeling like shit in general. I am starting to feel better as I write this actually, I dont know, I know shit gets better and life throws you lemons sometimes...Hopefully next week will be better. This week has been horrible and long already, I woke up today thinking it was the end of the week only to find out its tuesday. :ugh:

I just feel so lost right now in what path I should take with my life. I feel really insecure about my future, when all this time I thought I knew what I wanted to do....I dont wanna end up with a bachelors from a mediocre university making 30,000/year living in a 1-room apartment by myself...I guess im kinda scared of being lonely too. Its just like, is there really anyone out there who would want to spend the rest of their life with me? I just feel like im gonna end up some old man living in a shitty apartment alone and bored out of my mind. I just dont know what to do...all this is so overwhelming

2. beanolo

beanolo It does a body good!!!1

Some times when you just keep running circles in your head with all the things you need to do, it seems quite overwhelming. Just list them down, one by one, along with what needs to be done to fix it.

Easier to knock down each item one by one instead of trying to balance all the issues at once.

Don't even worry about relationships/alone at this point, focus on your business/school issues. Once those things clear up, which you and I both know will, the relationship will come along on its own.

3. Omerta6

Omerta6 New Member

I've been feeling down the past couple days as well. I donno wtf is up with it. I usually always have control of my emotions in a mostly positive way. I cannot track down the triggers of it.

In the past 2 weeks I:
    - Rear ended someone going like 10km/h but damaged pretty good and the guy is claiming injuries. Ruining my perfect driving flagging my insurance, raising my premiums. I pride myself in my driving so this was a shocker. Hes trying to scam money which makes it even worse.
    - Slept like shit the last couple nights/been sleep deprived do to studying.
    - Failed my circuits middy yesterday I'm pretty sure.
    - 3 exams next week
    - GF to deal with, who has depression problems / almost broke up but didn't
    - Building a garage with my dad and maintaining our cottage this weekend
    - Feeling like I'm going to fail linear algebra / behind compared to my peers class.
    - Need to challenge calc II or I'll be set back a year due to courses not being available.
    - Not getting accepted for the discipline I choose, but doing it anyway with hopes of boosting my GPA
    - Failed at flag football on sunday :rofl: (I consider my self athletic and I'm very competitive, sounds fucking stupid but its bugging me for some reason.)

I feel overwhelmingly weak all of a sudden and its not coming together like I usually can handle it. I'm trying to self evaluate but no luck so far. Worst part is its not coming to a end anytime soon.

I've never felt like this. wtfmate

Sorry for threadjack, I was considering making one myself but figured I'd collaborate threads.

4. Naturally Baked

Naturally Baked Active Member

:sadwavey:

Don't mind at all...seems like we are in the same boat...I took another mid term today and I think I did okay (I hope so) but still feeling down. I'm suprised I havent gotten in an accident yet seeing as how my weeks going (knock on wood). I dont think I will feel better until this semester is over, I kinda blame school for making me feel this way, im just so overwhelmed.

Thanks for the reply beanolo.

5. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

Definitely as beanolo has stated, write things down and take them out one by one. I have a white board in my room that I list all all the important activities for the week and what's due for that week, with a day to day timeline of where I should be. You'd be surprised how much that keeps you on track.

Everyone gets depressed every once in a while... especially if you have a lot riding on the outcome. Just take things one at a time and do them slowly and carefully.

I always get depressed when I'm forced into a schedule. I like to have freedom in my days, but that doesn't happen in the real world, so I have to deal with that.

You'll be fine. Talking it out always helps. Don't be afraid to go to your schools health center and talk to a counselor about what you're thinking. You'd be surprised how much it helps. I've been seeing my counselor now for 5 weeks, and have will be seeing a dietrician tomorrow (been showing signs of anorexia: just want to take care of my body and not kill myself in 20 years).

Good luck.