SRS Not enough time for friends

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BradUF, Jul 28, 2005.

1. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I miss high school when all I had to do was go to school and hang out with friends. All my friends want to hang out with me but I dont have the time for them, but its not like my life is super busy or anything. Its just that by the time everything is done that needs to be done I only have like an hour or two of spare time. Also I cant go out all nite because I feel bad for leaving my mom all alone at home.

I have done what I have called "resets" over the past few years where I just del all my numbers and change my cell because there are to many people in my life not worth my time, that arn't true friends.

Now I want a new social life, I have a few good friends I can hang around but I never get to. I have a really two really good friends I want to hang around but if im not working, im with my girl friend and im not with her I try to be home with my mom. Then if none of thats going on which is like once a month, I get to hang out with a group of friends.

Also I dont seem to have the energy lvl's people my age have. I cant pull the work all day, party all nite, class the next day bullshit. I have stop taking friends. I have had a few people that ask me to go some where with them but I said no because I dont really have any time for more friends.

The time is there, just not in blocks that I can use. Its to spread out and at odd times of the nite or day. Where the fuck do the rest of you full time college students find time to go do stuff with friends all the time?

2. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

last semester i was taking 16 credits (cs-related courses, so they were all tough), worked part time and still was able to hang out with my friends and/or gf thursday, friday and sat nights. i would reserve sundays for schoolwork but i would try to go out sunday night if i had time. i was always good at time management and know how to set my priorities. its not something you can learn overnight. some people just suck at it and it takes time to improve. i "matured" at a very young age.

3. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I have free time now but everyone is alseep at 3am on a thur.

4. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

it's a fact of life.. people grow busy.

you have, accept it.. it won't get any easier from here.

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Your routine of life is wrong. Study during the weeks, party during the weekends. That's how all people do it :dunno:

6. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I work on the weekends and by the time I get off everyone already has plans or is sleeping.

7. johan

johan Active Member

They already all have plans eh?

So..these people don't invite you to their plans? They don't say...hey we'll be at xyz, meet up when you get off work.

Don't you find it odd that your "friends" don't do that?

Maybe they're doing what you do.
    You say you regularly drop all your friends, delete your numbers, change cell numbers because you don't think your friends are "worthy".

I've found that in order to HAVE good friends...you need to BE a good friend yourself.

It's a 2-way street. Good friends aren't some commodity you can purchase and discard when you feel like it.

Think about it.

8. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Well I ment I del the people I just talk to from parties. I have good friends I have talked to for the past 8 years. They do call me all the time but whenever they ask me to go somewhere with them I have fucking work. I am having my hours cut in half and I hope that leaves me some free time.

9. Darketernal

"I work on the weekends "

See, there's the problem , no weekend no life.

10. Darketernal

So , if i where you i would just be like everyone else, go work during the weekdays, have fun during the weekends, even if that means changing your job, and only if you feel its the right thing for you to do , and during the weekends DONT overdo it.