Not eating in the morning, how bad is this?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by stratfiend, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stratfiend

stratfiend New Member

Ok so i've read the nutrition thread, and it talks about eating as early as 8:00 am and then every few hours. well my summer job just ended, and i'm chillin out max relaxin for the next couple weeks before i go back to school, so i sleep in a lot and wake up hungry as fuck. i work out every third day, so how bad do you think this is for making gains and whatnot?

2. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Don't worry so much about eating at a certain time, worry about eating upon waking up. The point is, not to be one of those dumb fucks that skips breakfast because "they're not hungry" and then lunch comes around and they are starving and gorge themselves on a 1,500 calorie meal.

You eat in the morning to feed you muscles after basically starving yourself all night, and to get your metabolism going early on.

I usually start off my morning with a huge glass of water, then a cup of coffee. After being awake for 20-30min I have a good sized meal loaded with carbs, protein, and fats.

If you wake up hungry then eat. But don't sleeping in won't kill you, just don't be awake and not eat breakfast. If you slept a really long time then get a protein shake and some simple carbs in your body asap.

3. bear

bear frankly rover i dont give a "woof

If i dont eat breakfast or if i push it back a few hours i will destroy just about any kind of food in sight....not good when im trying to lose fat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.