not driven in 7 years!!!

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Kix, Oct 13, 2003.

1. Kix

Kix Jailbait tested, Milf approved

so im lookin at an 83 drop top 5.0 stang, its got around 60k miles on it, needs new paint, new lid (just the canvas part) and then it hasnt been driven consistently for about 7 years. he says maybe three or four times he has taken it around the block. he is asking 1200 for it, i was gonna offer him 800, but my question was that since it hasnt been driven in so long how bad are all the seals gonna be, im sure they would all be fuxored, and bout how much will it run me to get this car in good shape, ive got friends who can do most of the work and im pretty competent, but for the engine shit i would rather take it to a shop, any ideas? sound good or no? :dunno:

2. idontgiveashit

idontgiveashit I eat rice

for 1200 the body is worth that

3. Sally 5.0!

Sally 5.0! Guest

As long as it has been cranked and put in gear (driven) every once in awhile it should be good to go...

If seals are screwed, that's not that much $$$.

4. Cue-Ball

Cue-Ball I hate you, Milkman Dan

Even if the seals are toast you can buy a rebuilt 5.0 pretty inexpensively. Add in the cost for paint and a new top and you could have a pretty nice car for ~$4K assuming the interior isn't in bad shape.

5. Kix

Kix Jailbait tested, Milf approved

So what are some things i should look for, other than rust and all that, i have read edmunds a lot and they had some good tips, but what are some 5.0 specific things i should look for? or things specific to verts?

6. tozimnback42

tozimnback42 Guest