Not doing much cardio while cutting... input?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by nukegoat, Mar 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

Its not that I'm against cardio, I'm just generally swamped with a lot of things going on that im fairly cardio-averse. Can i still cut to decent levels without having to incorporate it? I know plenty on here will just associate cardio with fat loss as a golden rule, and while I acknowledge there IS some truth to it, I was under the impression it wasn't absolutely necessary.

As a further note, i'm not concerned with the positive externalities of cardio (such as overall circulatory system health, lung capacity, etc). I'm purely asking in regards to body composition effects.

2. Ilyusha

Ilyusha Guest

I don't think it's absoutely necessary for fat loss/weight loss to occur. It may just speed up the process by burning more calories per day, in effect lessening the need to eat extremely carefully.

3. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

I don't know scientifically, but I don't eat above 1000-1500 cals a day for the most part, stupidly I'll admit... but right now I don't have the money for more food, but moreso... I just don't think about eating much... I don't really lose weight.. but then again my body could've adjusted by now to the lack of cals...

I guess try it out for a few weeks and get back to us?

4. Big_Luke

Big_Luke serious as dick cancer

I just walk my dogs for a good 45-60 minutes and I'm done. I don't see the point on going all the way to the gym to spend 30 minutes on the eliptical.

5. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

Since my campus at school sucks, I probably spend about 30 minutes 4 days a week walking. I don't consider that any activity of significance, but i'm not just sitting behind a desk otherwise.

6. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

30 minutes continuously, or how split?

7. Ilyusha

Ilyusha Guest

Hmm.. I walk up to 5 miles a day 3 days a week at my work, all the while pushing gurneys and wheelchairs, but that doesn't do jack shit for me as far as I can tell. Been working there for almost 3 years..

8. D-GUy

D-GUy Guest

ya I sometimes don't have time for cardio, so I go after work right before the gym closes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.