GUN not completely "arsenal" related, but somewhat

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by footratfunkface, Oct 14, 2003.

1. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

my friend, just got apointed by the governor of GA last friday to the position of Lt. Col. in the GA state militia. now, it's pretty much a novelty position, unless we actually have an invasion or unconstitutional uprising. in which case he's the man for the job. basically, he'd be in charge of organizing unorganized militias for the defense of the state. he's 22 by the way, and this is a lifetime position. it's an honorary thing, but it's not just thrown around. the governor really has to like you, and you have to have done something for him to get a thing like this. it's nothing major, but it's cool. i call him colonel now. i figure i'll mock him like that for a while, like in old school where everyone calls the guy "godfather."

this is the same friend with the suppressor and M16's, and MP5's, and he's a former marine. he also trains with dave harrington, an instructor for the rangers' tactical weapons courses. so, he's fit for the scenario in which his position would actually be used.

2. itchiban

itchiban Guest

Thats pretty interesting. What did he do to influence the Gov so well?

3. mrbill

mrbill New Member

cool!

4. Redmouse

Redmouse Just looking...

5. Furner

Furner New Member

awesome. Does his position come with the ability to stockpile various NFA weapons? :naughty:

6. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

That's interesting. :cool: Is it affiliated with the National Guard or is it completely different?

7. footratfunkface

i think it is affiliated with the NG, but i'm not sure.

my friend works for Landmark Communications, which, despite the name, is really just a political consultation company. they do all sorts of printed media for the GA politicians (republicans), so my friend works directly with several major members of the gov't, both state federal.

not the last time the president came, but the time before that, he got to meet him, because sonny perdue, the guv'nor, gave him an invitation to the speech. then john linder introduced him to the president. this is how i know that the president is against renewing the AWB. my friend asked him. he's also acquainted with saxby chambliss, one of our senators, and every republican GA general assembly member in our area. he runs the campaigns for one of our county commissioners, and also does fundraising/campaign work for the county chairman this year.

hopefully, his connections with the county chair and commissioner will help me out in getting into the gwinnett county fire dept. i take the written test next friday.

he got into all this by starting out doing crap work for a law firm. from there, he met some of the politicians who are represented by the firm, namely, one of the commissioners. it just went up from there. he'll be in law school next year, after he graduates with a degree in pol. sci. hopefully, he'll be well established in a few years, and i'll be doing well in the dept by then, and we'll probably go in with another of our firearms-loving friends to start a store/range, and eventually deal in NFA firearms.

8. footratfunkface

as far as the NG goes, we also have a friend in the air NG, who's over in iraq right now. the "col." was joking about going over to the other guy's unit when he got back, and just bossing them around. so, there may be some involvment, but i'll ask to make sure.