COMIC Not being online as often, or using my own computer...

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Demon Of Dreams, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Demon Of Dreams

Demon Of Dreams Feed me with lies and hate, and from that, I will

completely fucking blows.

it's amazing how many fucking comics I've missed out on these last few weeks.

I miss my computer, but fuck my computer at the same time, the powerhungry bitch :(

2. Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee New Member

What was wrong with your computer anyway?

Know the feeling, went without a computer for three months. One of the worst times of my life :o. Had to go to the library for my weekly fix :mamoru:

3. void

void oh yeah?

i went without a computer for almost half a year...on my own accord, no less

it was amazing :o

but i returned, fortunately i became completely frustrated with windows, sold my POS pc and bought a macbook. i haven't looked back since. if it has a cbr viewer and an internet browser...then i'm good.

and i agree with DoD, going weeks without comics is a total drag. however, catching up on a month's worth of stories is 100x more fun then getting a weekly fix :hs:

4. CabbieNamedAxel

CabbieNamedAxel OTCC|SF OT Supporter

oh, i thought you actually liked computers. my mistake

5. void

void oh yeah?

i was fascinated with computers as a child, always had one from the old school 286 (black screen, green letter, word processor...that was it), to a commodore 64 (awesome), then a 486 (25mhz of BLAZING processing speed), to the machines of today. i enjoyed working with them and working on them. naturally after high school i took up computer science. it was my major for 3 years. at first it was amazing learning to code, but quickly turned into a nightmare. if i would have graduated with my CS degree and got a job programming somewhere, i'm pretty sure i would have already taken half a bottle of percocet and called it a life.

[/themoreyouknow]

6. Mortixer

Mortixer New Member

void your life story intrigues me

7. Demon Of Dreams

Demon Of Dreams Feed me with lies and hate, and from that, I will

pretty much the same shit here, I got burnt out on that crap fast, it was a great hobby but doing it for work just wasn't my thing.

I remember how AMD and Intel had a competitor called Cyrix, whose chips were known to run far too hot, and either randomly fuse themselves to the motherboard, or have small internal explosions and cause every other piece of hardware to fail along with it :rofl: back in the pre 150mhz days...

I think I still have a 486 fully set up at my moms house... I sure as shit have an AMD K6-2 266mhz running strong as well... :hs:

I should probably upgrade my little computer... It's got an 11 yearold SB Live! Pro (original gold standard!), an XP 2300 and like 2gb ram ... it certainly has been a mishmash of parts over the years that I've kept running.

Nothing wrong with it however, Just haven't hooked it up again after the move... intimidated about setting it up to read comics on my 52" lcd :o

8. MeanieMe

MeanieMe New Member

meh..

all u need is thumbdrive & the public library
    or junior college
    :)

9. Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee New Member

:werd:

I'm honestly thinking of giving up most of the internet for a few months. Just over the summer and stuff. I'll use email and occasional vital stuff, but i've got to use a computer nonetheless as i work very heavily (as a student) with computers.

So if i can get things right, you guys may not see me around for some months :o

10. mooredodge

mooredodge 3,2,1 I'm the bomb...and I'm ready to go off in yo

It all began in a small town called Branff in Alberta, Canada. One fine day, while out in the local forest, young void happened upon a wildebeest, who took offense to his presence there. Not one to encourage violations upon it's territory, the ferocious wildebeest set upon attacking young void to keep him from further encroachments of his territory. Young Master void was repeatedly injured by the crazed animal. (How did this animal make it from Africa to Canada? Check out issue #0 for the answer!)

Young void awoke several days later inside of a small cabin. It was the home of a native trapper who found the young master laying severely beaten and battered in the forest. Using ancient powers of the natives, he healed the young man with the blood of the wildebeest, transfering it's life and mystical powers into young void.

Years later, this power would manifest itself in young void, causing him to lose interest in computers, and instead become interested in grazing and migrating to new pastures. He managed to migrate to the USA, where he learned that his arch-nemesis, Captain Crocodile, had sent his ally to set up a forward strike base in the southern parts of the US. Void migrated to Texas with the idea of striking back against the Captain's ally, Admiral Alligator. To this day, he uses his power of swarm intelligence to battle the evil forces plaguing the southern portions of our great nation. :bowdown:

11. void

void oh yeah?

Fucking... what! :rofl: stop doing pcp for fucks sake.

12. mooredodge

It's from the origin story of your new comic. :bowdown:

13. void

void oh yeah?

Well make a title for it, so I can put it in the description when I check you into the psyche ward.

:nuts: :rofl:

14. mooredodge

Wildevoid: Manbeast :bowdown:

15. Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee New Member

I wholly support a motion-picture version of this :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

16. mooredodge

Who wouldn't? :wiggle: