A&P Not an artist.. just have a few pics

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by SemisncBNL, Jan 13, 2004.

1. SemisncBNL

SemisncBNL Guest

I don't know anything about photography, but since I've been carrying my digital around with me I've been taking pictures of random things. Let me know what you think! (They don't look the same after seeing all the ultra-high-res pics in this forum.. :) )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Claydus

Claydus Active Member

3. SemisncBNL

SemisncBNL Guest

I just took these the other night as the sun was setting...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Blindsight

Blindsight Guest

Those first two look nice for the most part, maybe a little better composing of the shot could help, but for just snapping a shot on a whim thats pretty good. What camera do you have, I see a little noise on the second shot.. Fuji maybe?

5. DejaVooDoo

DejaVooDoo *Jojo*

I really like the first pic of the building. And the first sunset.

6. SemisncBNL

SemisncBNL Guest

Thanks for all the input! I have a Sony dsc-p32 I bought about a year ago. It's not the best and I'm thinking about getting a Pentax Optio s4 soon. Any suggestions on that?

7. Blindsight

Blindsight Guest

the optio s4 is a really cool camera, but its definitely a trade off between size and image quality... you might check out the minolta F300 - Ive been really impressed with the image quality and its very small although not S4 small.. also you might wait until PMA (photo marketing association) has its annual show in february when alot of new models are announced. I'm in the market for a small digital with all the bells and whistles plus manual control and I'll be waiting until PMA to make my purchase.. :x:

8. SemisncBNL

SemisncBNL Guest

What a neat little camera! Good advice. I have something else to think about now. :)

9. FryingPan

FryingPan Certified Thread Killer

The pics look good, but something about the first sunset pic was bugging me. I saved it and played with the intensity and color balances a little bit and here's what I came out with. It looks less dark, dingy and more in line with the color spectrum of the other two pics.

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2004
  10. daneford

daneford New Member

that looks even better now!

I like your photos!

11. Merli

Merli gplus.to/merli OT Supporter

From those three sunset shots, it seems like your sony has very inconsistent white balance... Perhaps try using manual settings to get the right colour balance.

12. FryingPan

FryingPan Certified Thread Killer

Most Sonys without manual controls can have, well. . . yes. . . inconsistant results in low light settings.

13. SemisncBNL

SemisncBNL Guest

I like that very much, Luke. Thanks a lot! I don't have PS but I have The Gimp for Linux now. I just need to learn how to use it...

I got my Pentax a few days ago. What an upgrade!

14. SemisncBNL

SemisncBNL Guest

Thanks! :)