COMIC Not a Superman fan but I picked up Action Comics....

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by SBrooks1, Jan 27, 2007.

1. SBrooks1

SBrooks1 GOAT OT Supporter

844 and 845: Last Son Parts 1 and 2 and I really enjoyed them. The writing and artwork are all really nice. The story has a nice flow to it. How long has Richard Donner been contributing to Action Comics? What exactly does he bring to the table?

2. kia

kia New Member

2 issues and phantom zone villains! :) :p

Naw, Those two issues have been rather good and bring a cinematic feel to Superman, after all, when was the last time you've seen a comic with subtitles? I don't know how much you know about the Feud but Donner, the directo of superman I and most of Superman II and Salkinds, the creators of the Superman movies and Superboy tv shows really didn't get along. They fired him from the 2nd Superman movie so he never got to finish his tale.

Now 20 years later Geoff Johns and Donner are friends and Johns decides to write a story with Donner for the comics. IMO, Johns brings his love of the Superman mythos to the table (Bizarro), His superb storytelling abilities and also continuity (That way Donner's story is a part of the dcu, not a special or prestige elseworld). Donner, on the other hand brings a cinematic feel to the comic. Its almost like a movie and a great jumping on point for people who don't read Superman comics. Since he never got to finish the Phantom Zone criminals in Superman II, he sort of picks up where he left off.

Two excellent issues and If you enjoyed the Superman movie and Superman II I highly recommend them.

3. Bobbot

Bobbot Safer than a Doombot!

And I haven't seen Adam Kubert drawing so good ever before.

4. GlassJoe

GlassJoe New Member

As far as I know, this is the only time he's done something for Action Comics (not that I'm an expert or anything :o ).

It was just something they did because it would be fun for the fans of the movies and it was a good way to advertise the Richard Donner cut of Superman II that was released shortly after part 1 of Last Son.