Nosey neighbor or concerned citizen?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Aquakittie, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Aquakittie

Aquakittie Active Member

Ok....forgo any creepster comments...I already know how stalkerish this sounds. But my instincts tell me something is wrong. And yes, this is not relationship based, but you're my e-peeps and I can't think of better people to ask.

Lowdown: I live on the 4th floor with my apt backed up to an alley and the backside of another apt building. From my balcony, I can see the balcony and living room of the 2nd fl apt just across the narrow alley. Unfortunately, given my vantage, I get a birds eye view into the dude's apt. :ugh::eek4::ugh2::hsugh: The times I'm on the balcony, I try my best to put my back to his place since I can see right in but thankfully can't see a whole lot and thankfully I have no idea what the guy actually looks like save his legs and feet and hands. The guy and whomever he has visit are ALWAYS home. And he's up all hours. I mean I go out for air late at night and sure enough his apt is all lit up. 5 months later, the guy's habits haven't changed what little I've seen of him. He leaves his blinds OPEN on his sliding door and I can see right into his place if I happen to be outside.

So fast forward to about 2 weeks ago: the guy never leaves his slider open w/o the screen closed. He never has parties that I've seen, but there's a grip of empty alcohol bottles and cases on his balcony. And no one appears home. The curtain is billowing out the wide open sliding door.

NOW: the door is STILL open, curtains billowing out, hasn't changed positions and no lights since 2 weeks ago and his plants are now nearly dead on the balcony.

You're likely to think: who gives a fuck, dude left his door open so what, quit being a fucking creepy neighbor AK. :nono: But this is LA..you don't leave your shit open like that. And THIS guy doesn't EVER do that. So something tells me that something happened to the dude. Call it intuition or wild imagination, but I wouldn't be surprised to see crows carrying off body parts here in the coming days.:mamoru::ugh2:

What if anything would you do? I DO NOT know this neighbor nor have I had any communication with him/them. I just feel like something is wrong and perhaps something happened to him IN the apt. And I'd feel absolutely horrible if the next thing I saw was like the coroner in there or something..

ibseentoomanycrimeshows :o:rofl::rofl:

2. RichieHemingway

RichieHemingway New Member

Once you hit your early to mid twenties this is not an uncommon thing for guys.

Definitely not something the cops will find disturbing.

3. Paintballer

Paintballer Choo Choooo....

I would knock on his door and say you got the wrong appt if he is still alive and answers.

Or just call the police and ask them to do a welfare check.

4. Aquakittie

Aquakittie Active Member

well right....I'm just calling out things that are out of the norm. Since I've NEVER seen that since I've lived here, I figured I'd comment on it. Generally speaking, not normally something to call out on.

5. Aquakittie

Aquakittie Active Member

See, that's just it...I have a feeling that the apts there are like mine...have a security call box at the front door. Since I have no idea what his apt # is, it might make it hard to tell which is his. PLUS, since our buildings are so close I'm sure he's gotten a good look at me since he's looking UP at me and I'm looking down at his floor mainly.
    Is there any way to do this anonymously? I'm just concerned the guy knows its me since I CAN see his apt. I don't want him to think I'm so creepster...I'm really not trying to be....just have a feeling something is seriously wrong with this picture.

6. kit99bar

kit99bar USPA Class 2, weak, old man!

In for results of your call to the police.

7. Bacardi 151

Bacardi 151 New Member

Call the police to just check up on him.

8. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

I'd just call non emergency line for PD and say your neighbors balcony door has been open for a few days now and in the years you've lived there you've never seen it open all day and all night especially not for several days in a row.. You would like to know if they could just check the apt because you're worried. I doubt the dude would think you're a creeper even if they did say it was you who called.

9. Aquakittie

Aquakittie Active Member

well I'm probably inclined to wait a few more days til rent is due this weekend. I'm sure if the dude/ppl who live there are in fact ok, they will have paid rent otherwise the landlord will contact them or at least try. Which would probably yield some kind of physical check?? :dunno:

I've also thought about perhaps contacting my own landlord who's a really kickback younger dude who lives next door to me.

What do you guys think?

I'm so leery of contacting anyone directly because he/they have seen me standing outside (on the phone) a few times and have closed the blinds on occasion. :hsd: So I already feel a little self-conscious about my view of his place even though they seem to have no qualms about having the blinds wide open on their living room day/night.

Ugh, why do I have to notice the little details all the time?!?

10. Acciaio

Acciaio New Member

You should jump from your balcony to his balcony.

11. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

One time my neighbor's door was wide open in the dead of winter and there was absolutely no activity in the house - which was very, very strange considering it's a mom and her bratty, mouthy 16 year old daughter. So, we called the cops because we thought maybe someone robbed the place and murdered them.. :rofl:

But, we did it anonymously. Called the cops, told them what the situation appeared to me, said I didn't want to be involved whatsoever, and they didn't ask any questions. So, might be worth a shot? Don't know how the law enforcement works in LA :dunno:

12. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

Call the cops, I don't understand why you are so afraid, it's not like you are calling him to get him in trouble, the cops will just be checking up on him.

If you are afraid about it somehow coming back to you I would ask your landlord and he might be able to go over there just in case.

13. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

:rofl::rofl: my landlord doesn't check on people when they don't pay rent, she just sends us notice after notice.

AK, something seems off enough for you to make a thread about it then don't talk yourself out of doing something about it. Call the nonemergency police line, explain the situation they'll come out and knock on his door. Not a problem, I've seen the cops do it tons of times. Including 2 twice in my own building where one woman died in her apt and no one found her until 2 weeks later and for another girl who was pissed at her parents and decided not to call them for 3 months.

No biggie. Just call. :dunno:

14. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

just call the cops. anonymous is fine. Just say you are a neighbor and haven't seen them in a while and they are not following the usual routine.

15. Aronomy

Aronomy Get your COME ON!

He probably just moved out, hence empty bottles/cases/trash outside. Maybe I'm way off though.

16. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

My vote is for accidental death due to autoerotic asphyxiation.

17. Aronomy

Aronomy Get your COME ON!

Fuck, that's so hot, I love that. Do you think someone else choked him out or did he do it to himself (hotter)?

18. FifthGear

FifthGear -

he would have some petechial hemorrhaging then huh, his eyes might look a little :420: :run:

19. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

I would call the police

20. Vysion

Vysion New Member

The police. They're there to serve and protect.

21. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Call the cops, Mrs. Kravitz.... :mamoru:

Or just run around your apartment screaming "ABNER!! ABNER!!" :p

22. Aquakittie

Aquakittie Active Member

Dude...its not my job to keep tabs on the guy...for all I know he's on vacation and forgot to close his door.

Since its been a while, I'm starting to wonder.

Mmm no....all his shit is still there...fancy curtains he JUST put up billowing in the breeze and his plants and furniture is all still there.

23. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

:bigthumb:

24. haargerman

haargerman ayuh.

in for later

25. Se7en

Se7en Active Member

Are you gonna fuckin call the cops or not?