TAT nosering infected?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Penny Lane, Sep 11, 2005.

1. Penny Lane

Penny Lane happy when it rains

Got my nose pierced about a month and a half ago. I've had two holes in each ear for longer than I can remember and my cartilage in my right ear pierced since I was 12 (I'm 21 now), so I can't remember the last time anything got infected, and have no idea what it would look like.

I've taken pretty good care of the nose, washed it out with Provon pretty much every day, missing a few days here and there. For the past week I've had what appears to be a zit right fucking next to my nosering, which is annoying because I can't pop it. Finally I tried, and it bled a little, and I've been extra careful about washing it for the past few days. My question is....how would I tell if it were infected, as opposed to just a zit that won't go the fuck away? (I only break out for a few days around a certain time of month, so that's why I'm guessing that this is in fact a zit) And if it is actually infected, what should I be doing to make sure it heals and I don't aggravate it further?

No one picked up at the piercing place, or I would have asked them. Any opinions/advice would be helpful. Sorry this is kind of a silly/gross question, I'm a newbie to piercings anywhere beyond my ears. :)

2. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

First of all, leave it alone. Its not a zit. Its just irritation and it unfortunately can happen for seemingly no reason at all. It could be due to allergy (although allergy is really not as common as some would think) but is most likely just your skin feeling reactive and irritated. Go to the kosher foods section of your local grocery store and pick up some sea salt. Not regular salt, not epsom salt. Mix it with warm water to a light solution that should taste like tears. Or pick up some saline. Start rinsing your nostril a couple times a day, trying not to pull or twist or mess with at all the piercing. It will go away. In the future, anytime the bump pops up, do the rinses. If they become bothersome, see your piercer and ask for advice.

3. Penny Lane

Penny Lane happy when it rains

yeah, I guess messing with it probably wasn't the best idea. :hs:

thanks for your help!

4. Laurel

Laurel New Member

the dilution of the sea salt mixture(which should be NON IODIZED) is 1/2 tsp per 16oz of water. I usually get a bottle of water, and pour out a tiny bit off the top, then mix in sea salt. Keeps the whole process very clean, and I have extra around when I need it

Last edited: Sep 12, 2005
  5. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

Thanks for the exact measurement, Laurel. I never know the correct amount. :cool: