SRS Nose pore obsessions..

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Bear Klaw, May 29, 2007.

1. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

I have a bad habit come of late. For the past few weeks it has developed.. It has replaced slicing off my excess foot skin with a box cutter..Which has built to an organism of thickness to chop, but i have no urge anymore.

I have an obsession with keeping my nose pores clean. I use multiple cleaners for my nose in a row post shower, then put some 10 minute cream on. I am never satisfied with the results. I have been using my electric toothbrush on my nose, and while i bleed sometimes, the results are superior to those of more normal techniques..But still not good enough, so i am trying to figure out a vaccum type system.

I had a fantasy of making an attachment to put on my wet/dry vac to suck out the oils from these poors, but figured it would be too dangerous with that amount of power to the face.

2. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

I used to have the obsession of slicing off my foots skin.. Mostly the calesses but sometimes i slices off good skin by accident, resulting in a lot of bleeding. I used to love the burning feeling of my feet's skin touching the ground. The skin being raw and fresh. I would get off on these premature skin having to toughen up..

3. 2500

2500 Guest

they make suckers and diggers, but from what i've heard they are just a waste of money. i heard a soft toothbrush with a good soap works best. also, use steam, clean with the toothbrush, rinse, then rinse with very cold water. it'll close up those pores quicker than rinsing with just warm water. i have the same problem, black heads, not the obsession.

4. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

I HAVE BLACK HEADS, but i also have the obsession. Like mentioned, my prior obsession was with foot skin. I have moved on to this now. What mental issues do i have?

5. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

are you worried that it's some form of self-mutilation? :o

6. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

no, but i must have something. it is not like i clean them and forget it. I constantly if i have time clean my nose. I like squeezing the pores and having the oils come out. It is crazy how much is stored in these little silos.

before i used to pull out hair from certain areas, then my foot skin, now this.. I also like taking a blade to my hands and slicing off the dead skin

7. 2500

2500 Guest

sounds kinda like OCD. do you "feel" or "hear" anything saying you have to squeeze the black heads, or do you feel you do it to avoid something bad happening?

8. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I have black heads, too. They're nasty. I kind of like squeezing them out, tho. lol.

I've tried those Biore nose strips (and several other brands that do the same thing, but the Biore ones are the best). They are fun, but they don't pull out as many as I wish they would.

And the blackheads just come back. It really is futile.

And I hear that there's no way to actually shrink the size of your pores. Oh well.

9. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

How about you just try to wash your face a coupe times a day. I mean come on. Just about everyone has blackheads on their nose or somewhere on their face.

10. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

no, just have the urge to do it and get relief whenit is complete

11. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

within a few hours, the pores fill up with new thin shiny oil, i will reuse my washes to clean the fresh oil out before it gets hardened

12. johan

johan Active Member

OCD. You feel relief when you complete the ritual action. It doesn't matter what the particular focus is.

For some people its touching each tap in sequence, as an example of a trivial focus. For you, you like your nose.

At least it's always with you and you're able to leave the house.

You might want to see someone about this. It's manageable.

13. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Seconded. I was surprised no one picked up on this earlier, it's obviously OCD tendencies. Definitely look into seeking some professional guidance.

14. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I think it's amazing how much crap can come out of one of those little holes. Not so much on the pore strips, but sometimes when you squeeze one just right, like almost a cm worth of stuff comes out. I'm like damn, what a deep little hole!!!

15. Man Bear Pig

Man Bear Pig Banned

Seriously this is not healthy. You need to see a doctor about this kind of behavior it is not good for you or your skin.

16. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

yeah, i get excited when i see those

17. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

what is to harm? i either chop of skin or have an asian do it with sandpaper

18. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Oh, and those blackhead remover things you can buy that have the little o on one end and a bigger O on the other end don't work. They hurt like hell if you press them into your nose hard enough to do any good, and you can be more effective (and less damaging) just by squeezing it with your fingers.

Dude I've tried everything for nose blackheads. The strips. Exfoliant (the really rough stuff that's not designed for faces). Astringent. Everything. Nothing works for very long. Oh, but here's some advice: there's this Biore (I think) face scrub that warms up as you use it. Do NOT use that before you use a Biore nose strip. The combination of chemicals will burn you and it sucks.

Honestly, I wish they would make those strips but make them like 10x more sticky. I think it would be fun, and it would pull out the blackheads better. I also with they would make huge ones, like the size of a piece of notebook paper, to use on your back. It feels good when you pull them off. But they're so freaking expensive I bet a big one would be like $50.

19. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

they need to make a vaccum that works. I would get off on being able to suck them out and watch them get pulled out of their bunkers

20. Demon Of Dreams

Demon Of Dreams Feed me with lies and hate, and from that, I will

21. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

22. childofbean

childofbean Green Member

this sounds so much like me :rofl:

And yes, I have OCD as well general anxiety disorder

I used to use nail clippers to cut the callouses off of the bottoms of my feet. I've stopped that for now; although, I do bite the dead skin around my fingernails off.
    Also, I have my nightly ritual of picking and squeezing at my face. :o
    It's sooo addicting. I haven't had any luck with trying to stop it yet. :hs:
    You mentioned the hair pulling... I have trichotillomania as well.

I often think of these problems in the form of a little map:

Anxiety< OCD < skin picking, pore squeezing, and hair pulling

Maybe getting help for anxiety or stress could stop these behaviors?

Also, do you feel that you only do these rituals when stressed or bored?

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  23. childofbean

childofbean Green Member

Oh, and just a suggestion:

I find that avoiding the mirror works. If you ever catch yourself moving in to inspect your face up close in the mirror, walk away! The things you see up close are most likely not even visible to other people.

24. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

:noes:

25. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

yes, i do them when stressed or bored