TAT nose piercing question

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Seto Kaiba, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Seto Kaiba

Seto Kaiba Screw the rules I have money!

I got the side of my nose pierced about 3 months ago and it's still not all the way healed. Also there is a little bump right behind the piercing on the top and underside... I've been cleaning it twice a day with the soap the shop gave me (its supposidly the best shop in town, very friendly and professional) and using sea salt soaks twice a day also, and it hasnt done anything really. I tried looking online for an answer and the only other advice I got was use a heat compress 10 minutes every hour or to just leave it alone and dont do the soaks and just wash my face like normal. Any advice?

2. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

tea tree oil on it once daily.

3. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Second the tea tree oil.

4. WheresMyBeer

WheresMyBeer Drag and Destroy

Yeah, definatly tea tree oil. Also, avoid touching it and playing with it. When it receives contact, it causes it to become irratated.

5. party_cat

party_cat New Member

Nose piercings usually are the ones that dnt cause much trouble. I got so many friends who have nose pins and never complained of anything.you should avoid playing or touching it lots I guess and keep it clean. Are you allergic to the metal?
    Just for your info, check these pics out-nose pin. Amazing isnt it?:naughty:

6. Got_Milf?

Got_Milf? Custom User Title:

third teatree here (we use it for EVERYTHING healing related at my spa) but i found that with mine, it took a while to heal, so i compeltely stopped doing anything...it might not be the best advice but really, i stopped touching, stopped cleaning it so much, just washed my face am and pm, and it healed quicker on its own!!

7. Memor

Memor Active Member

i was allergic to the metal in mine, had to take it out :wtc:

8. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

Honestly, Im going to go against everything that has been mentioned here and tell you what we advise people to do with nostril piercings at our studio when they have your problem:

Nostril piercings are one of the most difficult piercings to get to heal sometimes. More than many, they are incredibly sensitive to any sort of irritation. Irritation can be caused by touching it, wiping, moving the jewelry around, changing it too soon and OVER CLEANING. I jokingly tell clients that if they were to get stranded on an island with no cleaning agents available to them, their nostril would still heal just great, if not better. A mistake that a lot of people make is trying to heal a pissed off nostril piercing by cleaning it more when in fact, sometimes the act of cleaning it at ALL is the source of the problem. I know that sounds stupid..but Im going from experience I've seen and had as well as the experiences the piercers I work with share with me.

When we send someone out with a new nostril piercing, I tell them "forget you have it for the next 3 months". When using a cleaning solution like H2Ocean or saline, spray it on the INSIDE of the nostril, not the outside, right before a shower and then do a "farmers blow" (gross, i know) to clear the excess. Wiping it away will just likely cause irritation. If you end up with little crusties on it from time to time, moisten a qtip and GENTLY dab it away. Avoid public bodies of water like pools or hot tubs as these are giant cesspools teaming with bacteria.

For your particular problem, I would advise you to decrease your cleanings to MAYBE once daily, if even that. Its likely that your piercing is reacting to the diligent attention youre giving it. If after 2 weeks you still have the bump, I honestly would recommend removing it, allowing the skin to heal, then repiercing. Unfortunately a lot of times the bump will not go away until the source of irritation is removed and sometimes that source is the piercing itself. The risk of leaving the jewelry intact while the bump wont go away is having a permanant bump present or a scar. A lot of times, removing and trying it again has great success.

Sorry for the novel..theres my $1.35. :) Good luck.