Norton AV 2003

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by chad2261, Jun 28, 2004.

1. chad2261

chad2261 New Member

I just renewed my subscription and now I can't find where to enter the subscription key. I've been all over the Symantec website and followed all the instructions I could find and they were no help. Any suggestions?

I would just uninstall and reinstall since I guess that might fix it but my computer didn't come with an installation disk. Any ideas on where to get one of these would be greatly appreciated as well.

I hate to have just wasted $20 in a new subscription... :hs:

2. Spugster

Spugster Guest

I've got 2004 (and went from 2002 to 2004) so I'm not sure if 2003 is the same, but try this. Open the NAV main window. In the top right corner where it says "Help & Support" click there. Then select "Renewal Center" and follow the prompts. Hope that helps.

3. chad2261

chad2261 New Member

I couldn't find a renewal center in 03. their website says to disconnect the internet and then run LiveUpdate. according to them a pop-up window will appear saying something about being unable to check subscription status and you'll be prompted to enter your subscription key. every time I've tried this it just tells me that it is unable to connect to LiveUpdate. the website says that if it does this, just restart the computer and try again...I've restarted several times now and still nothing.

oh well, I found a cheap copy of Norton AV 03 on eBay so at least I can try uninstalling and reinstalling. Hopefully that will work because I've run out of ideas.

4. Spugster

Spugster Guest

Ok, when it says "unable to connect to LiveUpdate" click on try again (should be there, or something similiar). It will then fail and ask what you want to do, you've probably been given a key to enter in when you call them up, so select "subscribe/activate by phone"

5. Achance007

Achance007 Active Member

i know if you uninstall and reinstall it won't ask for the reg key. its buried in your reg somewhere and will still show the old key.

6. Stev

Stev Active Member

yea... norton is a bish.