GUN North Carolina Homeowner Shoots, Kills Suspected Car Thief

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Sep 14, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

North Carolina Homeowner Shoots, Kills Suspected Car Thief

Updated: September 13th, 2006 10:25 AM PDT

E-mail Story Print Story Most Read Most Emailed

Story by wsoctv.com

A man who had served time for break-ins was shot to death by a homeowner who said the convicted criminal was breaking into cars in his driveway.

The Union County sheriff said the Kirkley family first noticed something wrong when they saw lights on in the vehicles parked outside their home off N.C. 75 near Waxhaw. Lonnie Kirkley came outside with a flashlight and a gun.

Investigators aren't sure exactly what happened next, except that at some point Kirkley fired the gun and killed John David Mobley around 12:30 a.m. Monday.

The shooting is getting a mixed reaction in Union County. Resident Hippie Perrine is supportive of the homeowner.

"I think the guy was, you know, defending his space. Personally, if someone came up to my house, I'd shoot them," Perrine said.

But Waxhaw resident Jennifer Robinson thinks the action was wrong.

"With it being outside in the yard, I would probably charge (the shooter) with murder, murder one," she said.

Eyewitness News tried to speak with Kirkley, but no one answered the door at the home. According to the sheriff, Mobley was unarmed and moving away when he was shot.

Mobley's family members say he was shot in the back.

"Yes, I looked at it this morning," said Mary Wheeler, Mobley's aunt. "No question in my mind."

The family has many questions, including whether the man who shot Mobley will be charged.

"If a man's outside your home at least 20 to 30 feet away from the car, and he's trying to get away when you open the door – to shoot him in the back. Come on, that's not right," said Greg Massey, Mobley's cousin.

The coroner confirmed Monday afternoon that an autopsy revealed Mobley was indeed shot in the back.

The investigation into the incident is still underway. Whether Kirkley will be charged depends on whether or not he can convince authorities that he thought his life was in danger, the legal requirement for using deadly force in North Carolina.

The sheriff said he plans to meet with the Union County district attorney soon.

Mobley had just been released from prison earlier this year. He was serving time for breaking and entering and possession of drug paraphernalia.
    --

Fucking low life got what he deserved wasn't his first crime wasn't going to be his last he needed to be taken from the gene pool.

Once again it seems like a good time to bring you this PSA

[​IMG]

2. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

damn. I hate to say it, but I think that guy will be going to jail.

3. Gimik

Gimik New Member

This is a well educated person speaking right here...

QUIT BREAKING THE LAW AND THIS WONT HAPPEN AT ALL, ASSHOLES!!!!

4. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:werd: that cunt needs to DIAF, people who have to shoot dumbfuck criminals should be allowed to countersue there family for raising a dumb fuck.

atleast the resident hippy has it right :mamoru:

5. no7fish

no7fish New Member

"officer, I was afraid for my life"

I need to learn more about the NC laws on this sort of stuff before I get up there. I plan to spend some time on Packing.org firstly. Any other sites for that sort of thing?

And yeah, fucktards need to start realizing that when they go onto people's property then they might get shot! I personally think that if they made it legal to shoot someone in your yard you would have less thievery.

6. striker754

striker754 Chillin

place of bullet entry should not have any fucking matter in the case. why let a criminal run free

7. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

Once, just once I want them to interview a family member who has their head on straight. If it was one of my family members that had already served time for a similar offense I would say, "Obviously he wasn't smart enough to learn the first time. He should have known the consequences of his action and I'm sorry the homeowner was put in that position by a family member. I'm ashamed he was related to me."

8. Gimik

Gimik New Member

it may have already happened. You'll just never see it in an article like that. It doesn't further their agenda.

9. Sssnake

Sssnake meh

Anymore with the way people think these days, ANY criminal in the act of a crime could turn potentially dangerous and I would be in fear of my life. Hell look at the article about the guy getting shot over a sandwich or whatever at the convenience store. You just never know who's on drugs or a nutjob and wouldn't think twice about attacking or killing you either to eliminate a witness or just for kicks.

10. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

That's for damn sure. Criminals don't think "I'm breaking into this guy's car so if he comes along he'll probably shoot me". They think "that nga just pulled a gun on me. Time to go back soz I kin show'm wutz up yo". At least that's what I'm going to assume. That and a lot of times I leave a gun in my car so if I catch someone breaking into it it's reasonable to assume that they found it and will shoot me with it :o.

11. gyeagle1

gyeagle1 New Member

In Florida all you have to be is in fear of loosing your property now

Fuck him steal shit you DIE MOTHER FUCKER