GUN North Carolina Crew: I'm going to be in Wilkesboro for a week

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by FusionZ06, Dec 17, 2008.

1. FusionZ06

FusionZ06 /\__/\__/\__0>

At the beginning of the year. I'm planning on traveling with a few guns. Are there any good outdoor ranges up there? I'm sure there has to be.

2. no7fish

no7fish New Member

I'm between Charlotte and Mooresville and I have yet to find a single outdoor range that is not private, involving a costly membership.... If you find one let me know! There are some indoor pistol and "pistol caliber" ranges but they are kinda expensive compared to GA prices. Not much for rifle shooting around here at all :(

3. FusionZ06

FusionZ06 /\__/\__/\__0>

Really :( that freaking sucks...

4. James Hook

James Hook Never trust a government that doesn't trust its ow

:eek3:
    I'm in Cornelius, also between Mooresville and Charlotte. The only place I know is one in Statesville. I can't think of the name but it's shotgun and pistol only. How far from Charlotte will you be?

5. no7fish

no7fish New Member

I'm in Huntersville, right near North Meck Park. Shooters I believe is the one in Statesville and I haven't made it up there. I heard they had a rifle range but upon calling they "haven't finished building it" yet.

Of note though, somewhere way up in North Carolina or even in VA (I can't remember exactly) there's a 1000 yd range. It's a little over 2hrs from me IIRC but if you're in Wilkesboro you'll be half way there.

81911, do you do any pistol shooting around here? I've only been to Firepower a few times, none of the others. Shooters Express sound like asses on their site (fee for bringing your own ammo, only FMJ allowed, no reloads, no picking up brass, no wolf, etc) and they're kind of expensive.

6. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

i move between greenville and raleigh and have no idea where that is

7. James Hook

I've been up to shooters once. They were nice and old fashioned. The lodge is :eek3: huge and nice. What about yourself?

8. no7fish

no7fish New Member

Sorry, I missed the response for this. I've never been there, just called once to see if they had a rifle range and they said it wasn't complete yet.

I have been out to the Rowan County Wildlife range once with a friend who is a member but I can't justify the $600 to join up over there... Other than that I've only been to Firepower down in Matthews.

9. daft punk

daft punk New Member

any suggestions for first time shooters around Charlotte?

ill be in Charlotte for 3 months with a couple Japanese guys who are massive air soft freaks and want to shoot the real thing

10. James Hook

If they don't have their own guns I suggest Shooters Express. Just rent the guns and buy their ammo. No hassle for you guys. And they have a few full autos. :naughty:

11. daft punk

daft punk New Member

training courses?

i dont want to die :o

12. 90free400e

90free400e New Member

The charlotte area blows in terms of finding places to shoot. Never been to firepower but its an indoor range and looks pricey. If I end up there for a while I will join charlotte pistol and rifle club, which is a really nice place but like 250.00 to join. I wish I could help you out more but charlotte is turning into lib central and is not the most gun friendly place in NC

13. MaximaDrvr

MaximaDrvr Member

I'm not a huge fan of Firepower, but that is where I shoot when in Charlotte.