SRS Normal for college students to drink this much?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BradUF, Mar 13, 2007.

1. BradUF

BradUF Guest

None of my friends will do anything but drink beer all the damn time. They wait until dark and go out drinking every night. Just for them to watch a movie they have to get a drunk. That is if they will even go watch a fucking movie. I suggested we go see 300 but no one wants to they just want to get drunk. I am not against drinking or anything I am just tired of it and I am trying to lose some weight. Now that I have stop drinking I find my self sitting at home all the time because they will call me and be like " Wanna go to a bar" but it is fucking pointless to go since I don't drink anymore. I would just be sitting there.While they try to get my to drink. Also I am tired of them bitching about money, yet they go out and spend 3 bucks a beer until drunk. When they do get drunk they never get buzzed or drunk. They get fucking retarded drunk... They are the type of people who get drunk and can have fun in a box. While I am sitting there sober and having a shitty time.

Is it normal they can't go a day with out drinking? Do all college students drink this much?

2. Dodger Blue

Dodger Blue OT Supporter

Well first I just wanted to say good for you. It can be hard for people to stop drinking when the peer pressure is around you. I know you said college students but what age are we talking about? I know a lot of college students in there first couple years tend to party a lot and later on they start to smarten up when they realize they will be going to college forever unless they start passing classes. I know you said they go to bars but ofcourse they could be going to bars underage.

I do not drink either. Never really have. I find myself at home on friday and saturday nights all the time because I do not choose to go to bars/clubs. I just don't feel comfortable there. I do not have much of a social life because I do not drink. I'm not somebody who is into computer games so thats about my only other option on what I could be doing besides drinking.

Some of your friends could be alcoholics. You do not go into much detail about them but they could in fact have drinking problems. Some of them may drink because of other personal problems.

3. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

My friends and I used to drink like that now a couple of us are in AA, some have been killed others have had motorcycle wrecks and what not. All we ever did was go to bars and "party" which was just drinking at a different location.

It's hard when you want to do things other than drinking but all your friends still drink. You may need to find other friends and this may take some time.

4. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Well I think there is a time to drink and I do drink liquor on the weekends but drinking 7 days a week just does not work. None of my friends have hobbies or anything.

I am trying but the hobbies I have are not really group things. I have my car and I cycle.

5. Original

Original OT Supporter

May sound hard, but just go out there and get some new friends. You don't have to give up the friends who drink, but every once in a while everyone needs a change. Shouldn't really be hard at all since you're in the college atmosphere. :hsd:

Not EVERYONE drinks, and it's easy to find people who don't. I've always had completely separate groups of friends out there that like to do different things (drink/smoke/chill/videogames/sports/etc.) :hs:

Join a club or start playin some different sports :wavey: There has to be more things that you like to do than just cycling and driving in your car :hs:

6. LudaMan

LudaMan New Member

Very true. Theres plenty of activities for students that dont drink all the time. Intramural sports are a great way to meet new people, have fun, and even get into shape at the same time. That's just one possiblity. But hats off to you for not giving into the peer pressure.

7. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

I know that I use guitar to meet new people. Sit outside by yourself, or with someone else and just jam. You'll find people gathering around.

In fact, I met someone today playing guitar outside on the drillfield at my school (basically a big field that you have to cross to get to class). We played guitar for about an hour and a half and just talked. :/

Stuff like that

Go play soccer on campus... or basketball... or frisbee. It's a great way to get in shape and lose some weight too :p

8. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I am tall and I suck at basketball.

I just got invited to the beach... Catch is half the kids do coke, they are not even sure what beach they are going to and they have no where to stay. Everytime I go on something like that we always get there and half the people don't have money and we end up sleeping in cars or some bullshit.