Normal Charging of Web Design

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Trivialnight, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Trivialnight

Trivialnight Sometimes one pays most for the things that one ge

I'm going tuesday to talk to some people about redesigning their website. But i don't really have a idea of the pricing for web design nowadays. Its a site for a law firm with about 10 lawyers so its not that big of a site but im gonna be redoing the graphics and layout, plus probally adding some PHP (basic interface for them to easier update their list of lawyers and add articles or accomplishments onto the site.) It should only take me about 3-4 days to finish it, maybe a extra day for the PHP part since i am a little rusty on it. But overall whats a good price to charge? They asked if it would be around $300 but i was unsure and said i would have to go over what they would want to do with it. $300 seems pretty generous to me but i am a poor college student, think i could get more than that?

-tn

2. DarqueGT

DarqueGT New Member

Being that it IS a law firm, I'd be wanting at least $500 depending on what all they wanted done. It's not the complexity of the work involved, it's the time involved.

3. percent

percent deluded

$300 is low for a professional, but keep in mind you are not a professional (i think).

4 days = ~30 hours = ~$10/hour

Do you want to bill $10/hour?

4. xheliox

xheliox It's Good To Be King

Yikes. $300US? I wouldn't even do a cookie cutter "business card" website for that. For even the most basic website, we get $1000... and I mean basic.