Noob with a C6

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by 1EightT, Jun 4, 2008.

1. 1EightT

1EightT New Member

Whats up guys? Pretty new to the site, but I thought I would jump in here with an intro. I've been into cars big time for years and run a couple local Colorado web sites. I've got a 2005 C6 Corvette that we're getting ready to do an aps twin turbo kit on. Warranty is about up, so it's only logical that i'm going to do something to try and destroy the car lol. I've got a few pics of the car here: http://www.publicblend.com/users/BrianL

I'll have to keep posting here as we progress :)

2. MeanGreen

MeanGreen New Member

I've read both good and bad things about APS kits. majority of them blowing turbos (lower end ones they offer) and seen some with alot of fitment issues (thats just to be expected though, nothing ever jsut falls into place like it should).

3. 1EightT

1EightT New Member

Yeah, it's always an issue lining things up. Never seems to go as planned with any large mods. As for the turbo's, this kit uses a pair of GT35's which are very good turbo's, so I doubt they will be an issue in this case. I know a bunch of subaru guys and almost all of them are running the slightly smaller GT30 with great results.

4. CJPA

CJPA New Member

Weren't you already on OT?

Black C6?

Pics?

5. 1EightT

1EightT New Member

6. Kenny Powers

Kenny Powers OT Supporter

7. 1.8t

1.8t Member

Ha, thats funny. I have an 08 black C6. Interesting choice of a user name lol. Your car will be sick as a TT.

FWIW, my car has bolts and cam now making 477whp/437wtq. Still stock uported TB/Intake mani. Gotta love those LS3's.

8. 1EightT

1EightT New Member

The LS3 is definitely a beast. I'm jealous, that's why I have to go TT lol. So I take it you have or have had vw's too? My fiance has an 05 GTI 1.8T, and I had a 98 GTI, 99 GTI, and an 02 GTI before the Vette (and an 05 Legacy GT).

9. Fast GTO

Fast GTO New Member

APS kit is a great piece. You can also look into the GEN TTR kit.

10. 1.8t

1.8t Member

I actually had a Passat 1.8t wayyyyy back in 01 that sparked my car interest(I know, I know). Forced Induction was my only excuse and the rents wouldn't let me get anything that remotely had balls. So I was reduced into getting something that I could toy with. I actually ended up getting it to run a [email protected] mph with nothing but a chip, full 2.5" exhaust, and a CAI I made. I know that is slow as balls for now, but back then, that time was moving lol. I remember when the WRX came out, I was like "holy crap, those things can run 100~102mph with bolts ons, thats amazing" :rofl::rofl:. Time sure have changed. Altimas, Maximas, hell, even accords and tundras can stomp that time.

11. 1EightT

1EightT New Member

SOunds like you and I were gettin into performance cars right around the same time. My first was a 99 civic si that I supercharged. I was super happy when it ran 14's in the 1/4. Then the 1.8T GTI came stateside and stock ran the same times my civic did, so I bought one, then the wrx came out lol. Pretty crazy to look back on how things have progressed. Many more options now for performance cars. I think this gas business is going to head things back in the other direction for a few years though until technology catches back up and makes efficient and powerful cars more of a reality.

12. CJPA

CJPA New Member

:rofl: I thought the original poster was you :rofl:

13. 1.8t

1.8t Member

I agree. It was fun while it lasted. It appears that F/I is going to become a lot more prominent in the industry combined with smaller displacements and DI, so at least that part will be cool.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  14. 1EightT

1EightT New Member

It will push forward the technology and eventually lead to some fuel efficient fast sports cars again. This is pretty similar to what happened in the 80's when computers first started showing up in cars. Most cars built during that period were piles of junk, but in the end, the technology brought us what we have today. Exciting times :)