Noob virgin trying to approach girls at an art show..... Help

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by bimmer318, Jul 12, 2008.

1. bimmer318

bimmer318 I'm out of applesauce

Hi I just came home from the art show I volunteered at today.

Tomorrow I will go again for a few hours to help people clean up.

My question is, I met 2 great girls that are student artists, and got a good vibe from them. Told them I'm volunteering for the show and will be around. So I left it at that.

At the end of the day I go there to get their business cards. Girl A has both her parents with her in the booth, and Girl B has someone dude talking with her so I didn't bother being around too much.

Question: Both business cards has their phone #. Do I bother coming tomorrow and asking them in person? Even if girl A has parents with her? How do I handle this? Thanks a lot

2. bimmer318

edit: i DO have their business cards

3. R.Kelly

R.Kelly OT Supporter

Did they give you their business card or were they just sitting there at their booth?

4. bimmer318

yea they gave them to me... after i talked to them

Anyway I think I should talk to them in person.. If I call them it would not be appropriate right?

5. knucks

knucks Active Member

Eh, I say you could stop by and say hi to them tomorrow..but calling them isn't out of line either..

Granted it's business cards and I don't know how professional this art show is and whether or not they gave business cards to everyone else..know what I mean?

6. bimmer318

Update: Talked to girl B for 40 mins, right before we parted ways I suggested dinner, but she said she had a BF. Ah well.. Anyway, went to girl A... Said since the show was over I'd like to see her again and have dinner. She wasn't sure, Then I said, I can call you on this number? And she said sure.

Anyway I called her tonight, and left a witty message and my number. I guess it's time to wait and see what happens.

7. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

:h5: Good job!

8. Soren

Soren OT Supporter

Her not being sure is basically her not being interested. But maybe your witty message might make a difference. But even her saying you can call her on the number means nothing, either. She might just be being polite and not wanting to create embarrassment by saying no. Obviously I'm missing out body language and other dialogue that occurred between the two of you so my interpretation may be completely wrong.

Business cards mean nothing at that sort of event. It's a polite thing to do to ALL acquaintances.

9. knucks

knucks Active Member

:hs:

10. armond

armond New Member

True, business cards are not anything more than normal.

And double dawt on the whole "she may just be polite" thing. I know a lot of women friends who do that, but then ignore your calls and delete messages. Just go about business as normal and don't hang on for something to happen. If it is meant to be, she will give you a call back.

11. knucks

knucks Active Member

I wouldn't make a big deal about the whole thing and forget about her. The fact that she wasn't "sure" about dinner is iffy..

12. Vysion

Vysion New Member

I give you kudos for having the balls to approach and talk with these girls but here is just some constructive criticism.

Talking for 40 minutes to the first girl is a long time. After 10-15 minutes if it seems like the conversation is going to go on for a long time suggest a coffee shop near by and get a drink. If she doesn't drink coffee, then a malt shop or something like that. Take her on a little 'mini-date'.

She thru out the 'I have a boyfriend' test. Most average guys fail this test. Don't be average. 80-85% of women are unhappy in their current relationships and are just waiting for someone better to come along. You should have told her the you weren't inviting her boyfriend to dinner.

Finally don't talk 'dinner' after you have just met a girl. This triggers her 'dating' mind, and she starts thinking about if she even likes you like that. You need to get her to hangout with you for a few times before dinner even comes up. Go bowling, play pool, hangout at your house, coffee shop, malt shop, etc... If you both like art, make plans to go to the local art museum.

You can't just go up to a girl you just met and ask for a date. You have to ease her into it.

13. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

follow up on every number

always

14. fishjie

fishjie New Member

doesn't that get you friendzoned though?

15. Vysion

Vysion New Member

After she's comfortable with you as a friend she wont want to let you go. If you continue to act like a friend then you will get friendzoned. Friendzoned doesn't happen right away.

16. bimmer318

Honestly that just sounds like lots of games to me. I guess girls my age are like that and there's nothing I can do about it. Whether she had a "boyfriend" or not, or whether she was "sure" or not, she didn't think I was good enough to be worth her time, and that's that.

I'm a logical person and also kinda impatient. I need to know the answer ASAP no matter what it is. Now that I know the answer I feel better :hs:

17. XxvODvxX

XxvODvxX New Member

This doesn't get you laid or dating a girl. This comes over very pushy and they end up pushing away.

As previously stated take your time.

18. bimmer318

Why is that?.. I'm not pushy at all. I figured, if the girl is kinda interested, she'd figure it would be worth a shot? Maybe not be super enthusiastic about it but give it a try anyway.

I don't know what I am doing wrong at all here..

19. arsbu

arsbu New Member

The straight forward approach works better at parties/bar situations. So what you're doing isn't "wrong", just in the wrong situation. Most girls like to grow on and get comfortable with a guy before they do anything with them (i.e. talk a couple of times and flirt, etc.)...especially if they're not under the influence of alcohol.

20. no lol today

no lol today Soy la bailarina de la muerta. OT Supporter

Situational analysis receives support from female. Ding.