Noob Sound Card Question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 9100RPM, Sep 16, 2004.

1. 9100RPM

9100RPM OT Supporter

To begin with, I just purchased a set of Logitech Z-560 4.1 speakers. I know jack shit about computers and I need your help. My computer, an HP Pavilion 750n (pathetic, but it works :) ) came with an integrated sound card with 3 connectors (line in, line out, and microphone). My speakers have yet to come in so I do not know what type of connectors it needs. What I want to know is if I need to upgrade my sound card in order to use the speakers and if I can upgrade my soundcard when I already have an integrated one. If I need to upgrade my card, please recommend me one around the $30 price range.

2. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

is your integrated sound 5.1? some motherboards use line in, line out, and mic as the 5.1 also.

3. 9100RPM

9100RPM OT Supporter

I'm not sure if its a 5.1. I doubt it, but how would I check if it was or not? Thanks for replying.

4. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

try the manaul it should saw. if not you get get ok 5.1 cards for like $10 from ebay. they would do the job.

5. sleepy71

sleepy71 Guest

You'll need to get a 4.1 sound card. A 5.1 card would be OK, I suppose, but you'll just have an open jack.